Grim Dawn - New Screenshots

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Crate Entertainment has released a bunch of screenshots for Grim Dawn. The new screenshots show the new character selection screen, and a few other updates to the game.
Disclaimer
Please note that developers do not usually allow their audience to see a game this early in development while the art is still in such a rough, unpolished state. However, we felt it was worth the risk because we want you, our fans, to be involved in the development of the game and to watch as things progress. So, please, keep in mind that we're not releasing materials to drum up buzz a few months in advance of release, rather, Grim Dawn is still pre-pre-pre-alpha and I might have even missed a pre. Thank you for your understanding!
More information.

"This early in development"? Man, it seems like I've been following this game for a really long time now.

"This early in development"? Man, it seems like I've been following this game for a really long time now.

If I remember it's been about two maybe three years now. There probably further along now as that is just the disclaimer on there webpage. According to there kickstarter it should be released sometime in August. :)

Actually the FAQ says:

That said, we are currently working towards a late 2012 / early 2013 alpha but, after all the blood and sweat we've invested in this game, we don't want to rush something out the door before it is ready. I think we all want this game to be a success, so ultimately, we can only say that it will be done when it is done. So please be patient with us; it will all pay off in the end!

These guys do not have the alpha ready and 2013 is a third over. They're missing dates and look to be way behind, but they have their money so who cares?

These guys do not have the alpha ready and 2013 is a third over. They're missing dates and look to be way behind, but they have their money so who cares?

I expect they'd love to get it out, but like every project out there it's behind schedule. It always takes longer than you think it will, even if you take that into account. Software release date estimations would be more accurate if they used astrology or read the entrails of a dead sheep.

Not normally an action rpg person, but this has been one I have been anticipating. I like the eye candy and the change of pace of just a hack and slash game.

I may be wrong, but I think the cut-n-pasted text blurb is a boilerplate warning that's been at the top of their screenshot page since they first start posting screenshots in April of 2010. If you click the link, you'll see this "warning", and then see every screenshot clear back to their first ones, in reverse chronological order.

I'm willing to bet that "pre-pre-pre-alpha" comment is a couple years old, and not reflective of the current state of the game. At least, it better not be. The last update was talking about how close they were to a playable alpha slice of the game, which I'm very much looking forward to...

I expected Grim dawn to be on time since they already had engine,most features and 2 classes completed before kickstarter,they just needed content at least that is how I understood it.They have experienced team,but I guess that project that ambitious(open world,multiple faction relations,destructible environment)it's hard to predict some things.

Back
Top Bottom