Mars - Release Date Announced

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Focus-Home the publishers of Mars War Logs have contacted us and let us know that Mars War Logs will be out tomorrow Friday the 26th of April, which is earlier than expected.
I'm no expert in marketing, but I don't think this is the best way to launch a game, so I expect much more 'focus' in the next days for this game.
Mars War Logs will be released for PC only for now. The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions will be released at a later time.
More information.

It's also available on german amazon. Okay I admit, didn't look thoroughly. :)

For those who are not sure is it worth buying I've checked their forums so a few "spoilers" from the staff (not rumors):

- (Mars) is not a free world but each maps is divided in several areas. So you will be able to travel from a map to another to explore the world of Mars and get numerous side-quests!

- Your choices will have consequences later on in the game and of course there will be several endings. I can't give you more details! It's important to let you discover your way on Mars.

- Among female characters of the game, you can also count Devotion Chase which is also a romance option. Both of them were introduced on this devblog publication (http://spiders-devblog.tumblr.com/post/47098870882/these-two-young-women-are-potential-romantic )

- (Steam Workshop?) We don't plan to add mods to the game but thank you for your suggestion. It's important for us to speak with developers and let them know what the community is expecting.

And min. requirements are:

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

OS: WINDOWS XP SP3/WINDOWS VISTA SP2/WINDOWS 7/WINDOWS 8
PROCESSOR: AMD/INTEL DUAL-CORE 2.2 GHZ
RAM MEMORY: 2048 MB
GRAPHICS CARD: 512 MB 100% DIRECTX 9 AND SHADERS 4.0 COMPATIBLE
ATI RADEON HD 4830/NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT OR HIGHER
DVD-ROM: 2X DRIVE
HARD DISK SPACE: 3 GB
SOUND CARD: DIRECTX 9 COMPATIBLE
INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED FOR THE GAME ACTIVATION

thanks guys.. I really missed this.

yeah and still no steam page wtf
cheapest is at gmg 16$

I just purchased it from GMG. I had $3 credit in my account for some reason, so I got it for $13 after the coupon code. (GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA)

No Steam key yet.

Maybe they need money now so there releasing on the pc early and console later. They wouldn't be the first small developer to do so.
yeah and still no steam page wtf
cheapest is at gmg 16$
Thanks for the info and it's not bad for a 15 hour RPG.

uh.. waiting for the reviews. very interesting, but not biting yet.

I hope that this first release announcement (not announced elsewhere) is an indication that this is a real rpg for rpg fans. Even better if rpgwatch has the first exclusive review of this game ;).

The first review would be awsome!
And wouldn't surprise me watch beats GB on it since BrotherNone is now in some other business. ;)

And thanks guys for pointing on the juicy offer on GMG, I've put the preorder there.

And thanks guys for pointing on the juicy offer on GMG, I've put the preorder there.

Me too!

Spiders are preparing for an announcement on the game web site, so I assume its for the PC release. They even put out the support FAQ page for the PC version of the game!

Spiders' stuff is generally turn-based or at least command driven, and that's what I'd thought had been said for Mars. But having just looked at the combat video online, it looks like it's another realtime "action-combat" game like so many others, and decidedly average.

Whilst I'm very interested in the game/setting/idea, it'd be really helpful to have a heads-up on how the combat actually plays. Also, since it is a multiplatform release, is there controller support (which might help for action-combat).

Whilst I'm very interested in the game/setting/idea, it'd be really helpful to have a heads-up on how the combat actually plays.

From the combat video that they published, there is rolling, dodging, melee and ranged combat. There are skills that determine your combat style(s). There will be some stealth, finishing moves/choices. It does not look like its limited to button mashing as there are enemies with shields that you have to get behind to take down, or use technostuff magic to stun them before finishing them.

Also, since it is a multiplatform release, is there controller support (which might help for action-combat).

I assume there will be as it is standard these days for multiplatform games.

Focus says the Steam codes should be sent in less than half an hour but Steam still doesn't have anything on the game.

Got the Steam Code (from greenmangaming) and steam recognised the code but it wouldn't install (said the app was not released). Unlike other pre-ordered games that have reached the stage of giving a steam key, it doesn't appear on my games library even though if I try to re-add it, steam says my account already has it). I guess someone at Steam flipped one switch (the codes) but not another (the one that makes the game installable/have a steam page)?

The ads campaign is being launched at 12 PM pacific time. Perhaps around that time it will be available on Steam. Just guessing here.

damn.. i thought it was launched a few hours ago.
no word yet ( I guess maybe in 10 hours when the Valve people wake up

Back
Top Bottom