Pricewatch!

Each area had a different set of enemies. They are introduced somewhat thematically. Later levels mixed them up more. I think the atmosphere is the bigger difference. Also painkiller was a bit more tactical; the level design allowed for tactical enemy avoidance and bush wacking. :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, "thematically" meant sometimes going through long stretches of gameplay where you encountered the exact same enemy over and over again. Some people don't mind that, and some even enjoy it, but I don't care for that approach at all.

But yeah, the atmosphere for both games is completely different. Like I already said, the setting and style were different enough that most people are going to prefer one or the other.

I remember the first time I played Serious Sam (I played 'second encounter' first as that was available at my local GameStop at the time) ... I was floored by the onslaught of dozens upon dozens of enemies at a time coming at me on screen, things exploding and on and on ... and it all rendered perfectly!

I'll never understand how a game can be named "Pain-Killer". I just don't get it.

I think the main reason is the fact that it's reference to cult classic Judas Priest song : "Painkiller".

I think the main reason is that the marketing and distribution team questioned the original title of Analgesic.

Kills things, very painfully?

When I heard of this title for the very first time I thought of a fellow forum member in another forum, who suffers chronic pain. In Real Life.

It would be a good idea, so - I thought - that in a game there would be a story about the race of different parties for a medical treatment against chronic pain - its project name would be "Painkiller" - a drug that kills the pain in the bodies of people that suffer chronic pain.

But maybe I'm just thinking in the wrong scale. Or art department. Whatever.

not that i'm a fan of greenmangaming but there is presently a 25% voucher for preorders til the 18th. Picked up Tomb Raider for $35 which includes the survival addition extras which some site seem to charge more for. also picked up dead island riptide for $30. Bioshock Infinite is probably the best deal, though I'm getting the boxed special edition. Not only do you get %25 off of $60, you also get $15 back in GMG credits which equates to paying $30 for $60 which is kind of insane.

That voucher is a nice thing, however I don't see anything I'd buy. Preorder. Maybe if they add Nuclear Union or something...

Yeah the 25% voucher for preorders at GMG is a good deal. I'm thinking of grabbing Bioshock Infinite and Dead Space 3 from them. I haven't seen anything that makes me think the retail versions are worth getting over digital.

Does anyone know if the voucher can be used for multiple games on the same account?

yes it can, not in the same order/car though
i think that is standard practice on their site

King's Bounty: Warriors of the North is 75% off at GMG.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/search/?q=warriors+of+the+north
Thanks for the heads-up on this. I snagged the Valhalla edition now for $6.60 total, with the 20% off code.

I'm not really too familiar with the series, but turn-based combat, hexes, gorgeous art direction, vikings and valkyries = I'm sold! And I've always heard good things about the series. If things go well I'll check out the previous titles.

yes it can, not in the same order/car though

I'll probably go ahead and preorder those game then. If I purchase Bioshock first, I can use the $15 credit along with the voucher on Dead Space 3, and I'll end up getting both games for $75.

@Myrkrel - So you haven't played KB: The Legend? I'd recommend starting with that.

So I should play them in sequence?

I haven't played WotN yet, but afaik, it's not directly connected to the first two games plot-wise. You'll definitely want to play KB: The Legend before playing Armored Princess though. I suppose it wouldn't really matter if you played WotN first or last.

Just to add... KB:Crossroads (includes Armored Princess) is -40% off on GOG.

Back
Top Bottom