King Arthur - The Druids Expansion

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Rock, Paper, Shotgun has news of an upcoming expansion for King Arthur titled The Druids:
In Wales, the beautiful and fiercely independent realm of tribal lords, wizards and dragons, lies its new leader, King Ryons. Once known as the most dangerous warlord of the land, King Ryons wants to restore the power of the Old Faith in Britannia and he expects you to lead his valiant effort. Paradox Interactive and Neocore Games today announced the latest expansion of the King Arthur series, King Arthur: The Druids. Set during the events of its predecessor King Arthur: The Role-playing Wargame, this latest expansion features a stand-alone story with a vastly different ruler. Featuring a new campaign with over thirty hours of gameplay, this expansion requires you to challenge and discover your might. With new customizable features, set your own goals and determine the importance of magic in the world. King Arthur: The Druids features a complete, new gaming experience with a free sandbox mode where objectives are merely strategic goals, not compulsory elements of the game. With this new found freedom, can you ensure a victory for King Ryon and restore the reign of the Old Faith?
“This is our first King Arthur release in our partnership with Paradox Interactive,” said Tamás Farkas, CEO of Neocore. “After our recent work together with Lionheart: Kings’ Crusade, we are confident King Arthur – Druids will exceed our community’s expectations.”
Scheduled for releases in Q4, 2010, the expansion King Arthur: The Druids is a digital download only release and will be available on all leading digital distribution platforms.
The expansion King Arthur: The Druids will require the base game King Arthur – The Role-playing Wargame for play.
More information.

I was so impressed by King Arthur that I picked up its Saxons DLC, plus Crusaders and Lionheart and was disappointed by all of them to be honest. The Crusader games a) crashed and b) omitted the campaign, the victory-location battle system and magic of King Arthur. It sounds like this might offer a more interesting game if magic has a big role. It sounds like they're using the same maps that were used many times over in the first game, which is a bit of a minus point.

Never played King Arthur but interested enough to ask for it for Xmas :) I have always wanted to crush an organized religion so would be fun to take the side of the Druids.

I played both, and like Alistair I felt that Lionheart felt short, giving me the strange impression that King Arthur actually was the second, more fully fleshed and polished game. Let's just hope that this Druid DLC will be more interesting than the Saxons one.

Lionheart was actually a remake of their earlier title 'Crusaders' so in design terms it was an earlier game.

Lionheart was actually a remake of their earlier title 'Crusaders' so in design terms it was an earlier game.

Crusaders yes it was there first game i remember playing it you essentially fought battle after battle.Lionheart seems like a step back from king Arthur but at least the battles are good looking.

Back
Top Bottom