Planet Explorers - Kickstarter

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Another kickstarter that is late in the news. The game is called Planet Explorers. The game only needs a litttle more to reach it's goal. Please spread the word to help the project.

Planet Explorers is an open world voxel based sandbox adventure RPG game set on a distant planet. The game uses a new OpenCL system based on the Unity 3D engine to allow players to change the terrain in anyway, create new objects in any form, and do it anywhere.

In Planet Explorers, it is the year 2287, one of the first colony ships sent out by Earth arrives at the planet Maria, in the Epsilon Indi Star System. During its landing sequence, something appears in front of the massive ship that causes it to lose control and crash into the planet. Some of the colonists survive in lifeboats, but what they find is an unforgiving land filled with creatures ready to outlast the visitors from Earth. Now the survivors must explore, gather, build, create, fight, and ultimately, establish a lasting new home.

The gameplay will be in 3rd and 1st person perspectives. Players will be able to customize their character, combine and create weapons, vehicles, and buildings. At the same time, players will have to defeat multitudes of enemies of varying intelligence and defend the remnants of the colonists. This is an RPG, so it will feature a full story arc complete with missions and side quests. The game will feature a single player story line as well as random single and multiplayer adventure maps. Multiplayer, both through LAN and online, will be featured prominently in Planet Explorers, including but not limited to build mode, adventure mode, cooperation mode, and versus mode.
More information.

Sounds kinda cool. I'm in.

Congratulations to Pathea Games the kickstarter is funded. Still have five days left.

If it gets to $200,000 that will be great since it is the only stretch goal I like.

Backed...and now I really need to stop backing kickstarters.

Back
Top Bottom