Dragon Age - Return to Ostagar Review

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GamePro takes a look at Return to Ostagar for Dragon Age in this review. The score is 2.5/5 and here's a snip:
In Dragon Age's first DLC pack, unexciting battles against too-familiar foes replace the core game's engaging storytelling. Generic genlocks fling arrows at you while darkspawn lumber toward you in a laughable attempt to take your team down. The encounters are especially easy if, like me, you roll back into Ostagar with a high-level character. Hell, even on my second play-through, using my level 12 warrior, I blew through the kill-'em-all objective in just half an hour without so much as a scratch to remember it by. The loot, another crucial hook to Dragon Age, is particularly disappointing for high-end players. Pilfering pieces of King Cailan's badass armor from fallen foes is worthwhile for low-level characters, but the golden gear is scrap metal for experienced Wardens.
More information.

Well not every dollar milked by DLC is worth it. I always am sceptical about the idea to pump small mini stuff into a game after launch. A new armor here and tiny a battle there... sorry but a single player game is no MMO. A real new expansion, ok. Always welcome. But after having played through once I am not interested in such miniature addons. As good as Bioware games are, at some point it becomes just money milking.

Back
Top Bottom