Lords of Xulima - Announcement of A 2D RPG

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Numantian Games send us word of their first video game, currently in development called Lords of Xulima. It is an isometric, turn-based, single-player 2D role-playing game and according to them features a challenging vast world where the player has to command and create a six characters party in an epic story between gods and men. Also:
It is a game inspired in old-schools classics like Ultima, Might and Magic, Wizardry (epic story and turn based combat), with some touches of Heroes of Might and Magic (like the exterior map view and static guardian monsters) and even Final Fantasy X (with dynamic queue of turns in combat).

You can find more information at:
http://www.xulima.com

And support them with your vote in their Steam Greenlight campaing.

Very soon, a blog will start about the development and RPGs mechanisms in general.
And here is the trailer:

More information.

Checked it... Hell I like it.
Sold!

Where do I preorder?

Love the combat and stats screens! Looks like a definite buy.

Looks nice, but I sure hope they'll raise the walking speed...the guy is practically dragging his feet...and that gets really tiresome if you have big areas to explore (I just replayed BG when the EE came out, and that is the one major fault in that game...

A vast continent to explore, with different environments and climates. You are free to go everywhere from the beginning. (but be carefull where you go because the lands of Xulima are extremely dangerous).
This is awesome.

Will definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

Wow, that looks awesome! If I didn't have an infinite backlog of games already to play I would buy this day one.

Greetings from Numantian Games!

Thank you very much to the people of RPGWatch for publishing the article about us, and the rest for your nice comments.

About the walking speed, the avatar can walk or run (really fast). Tipically you will run when you are in exterior maps that you have already explored, and you will prefer walking in dark unknown dungeons. As always, the player decides.

I had no problem with the walking speed, but okay, good to know that we can select running or walking. I can see running being useful if you're in a hurry and walking when the area is dangerous/unknown. Keep up the great work!

The name dropping was great until they mentioned Final Fantasy X. It does look somewhat unique though. Almost like a Western jRPG if that makes sense.

Looks georgeous and while watching the video I thought "Turn based combat! Turn based combat!" then the jrpg combat showed up and well - wasn't what I wished - but it'll do as long it's not pausable real-time. :)

Looks great to me - I'd probably back it. And I'm not a big JRPG or Final Fantasy fan - but that combat kind of reminds me of Wizardry in some ways. Hard to judge it based on just a few seconds of video though.

Definitely intrigued...

ooo that character sheet eh? none of this Health/Mana/Stamina covers everything "streamlined" nonsense.

Also, have to agree with the terrible english comment

Back
Top Bottom