Skyrim Nvidia Driver Improvements and Best Skyrim Sites

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

wolfgrimdark

Follower of Fenris Wolf
Original Sin Donor
First this is a great list of places to visit in Skyrim (some mild spoilers so keep that in mind): http://www.ugo.com/games/skyrims-must-visit-locations

shadowgreen-cavern_528_poster.jpg

Also Nvidia released some drivers. I have been using them for a couple of days and have to say I saw a noticeable improvement, especially with the HD DLC. The eye candy is eye-poppingly sweet!

If you're playing Skyrim and have an Nvidia card, you'll definitely want to grab the latest driver update. The Nvidia site boasts of significant improvements to Skyrim framerates. Indoor scenes should run 45% faster and Skyrim's grand outdoor vistas will see a 16% boost. The drivers also come with an improved version of the ambient occlusion effect added by the last set of drivers. This adds a subtle layer of extra shadowing and darken the deep cracks in Skyrim's rocky landscapes, boosting their cragginess factor by about 14%.

Thanks dude I'll give the new drivers a go. I like that we're now able to now measure cragginess increases, and present it as an easy to consume percentage.

Oh, I just discovered that cave last night! A quest in Solutide sent me there. Then I started strolling along the northern beach…. for a few hours…. There's a flag on some island up there that seems to have no purpose at all except to look stark.

I'll tell you what was real impressive, though, was the climb up to the greybeards. I started down on the flats that look like Yellowstone Park and hiked all the way up. Wow! It really did a great job of changing the foliage and showing off convincing mountain streams! That was one of those incredible gaming moments that I'll remember for a long time to come. I kept expecting my ears to pop!

One thing to watch out for on those driver tweaks - the screen blood splatter thing. It will work but it seems to cause the game to crash to desktop if you try to check the map after blood splatters have been turned off.

OThere's a flag on some island up there that seems to have no purpose at all except to look stark.

I think there is a skeleton underneath it with some minor loot, but no backstory that I could find.

There's a similar flag in the far east-north-east with better loot though.

Back
Top Bottom