Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Might and Magic 8

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Might and Magic 9

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

narpet

Sentinel
Okay... we had the "your favorite RPG series"... so let's get specific about one of the choices on that list.

What's your favorite Might and Magic Game? I'm only listing the PC games 1 through 9... because to me (and it's just my opinion)... 1 through 9 are the true M&M series of CRPGs.

So... which was your favorite and why?

To answer my own question... I'm not really sure right now. I'm in the middle of replaying VII and I'm really loving it. Up until now my favorite was a tie between 3 and 6. But I may come away after finishing 7 and say that it is my new favorite ;).

For now... my vote is for 6.

Probably not fair for me to vote, since I've only played MM6 and later games, but bearing that in mind, I have to say MM7. The biggest factors are the increased skill systems and differentiated paths of light and dark--and I have to admit, I like the ability to move your party on your combat turn which gives you a more level playing field with the AI.

Tough call between 3 and 6. I'll wait till I'm finished (or almost finished) with 6 and then I'll vote. But yeah... it's gonna be either 3 or 6.

M&M isnt really my cup of tea, but I've had a reasonable amount of fun with 3 and 6-8. Voted 8 as it was the first one I played and it doesnt get as ridiculously hard as 6 and 7 towards the end...

For me, it's either 3 or 7. MM3 had all those great dungeons and a lot of riddles/puzzles and MM7 had great character development, branching main story and Acromage as a nice bonus. It's a tough choice, this one! I'm playing MM7 right now and find some of its larger scale fights to be quite tedious in places (which was also a problem with MM6), though I'm looking forward to fighting 400 behemots at once (mod's nifty addition, heh), that's for sure.
Well, I guess I'll just go with a nostalgia flow here and vote for MM3. That game was probably a bigger achievement for its time anyway.

I voted for M&M VI. VII is also good, but although it had quite a few nice changes, it didn't awe me that much. Might also be pure nostalgia ;).

Tough call between 6 and 7, but for me the deeper character development in 7 outranks the bigger, better world in 6. MM7!

Can't vote because my favourite is World of Xeen. It was my first excursion into M&M.

Can't vote because my favourite is World of Xeen. It was my first excursion into M&M.

World of Xeen was 4 and 5 put together, with extra quests that tied the two games together... I didn't include it since it was originally sold as two separate games.

Yeah I know, but what shall I vote for? ;)

The best thing about 7&8 was Arcomage. That was a fun game!!

Number 7 for me - the only one I managed to finish, but I also played the 6th part almost to the end. Great music. Interesting areas for exploration. Arcomage. Bizarre ending, though.

M&M II was definitely the best. The graphics were so good that it embarrassed all its competitors, but strangely enough it was a like a 5th Wheel. The M&M franchise couldn't get the respect of the Big 4: Wizardry, Ultima, Bard's Tale, and the Gold Boxes.

As well, it was smooth and fast despite the incredible hi-res graphics and textures. Wizardry and Gold Box contented themselves with wireframes and ugly generic dungeons by contrast. The programmers clearly knew what they were doing. The intro had an elf popping up every few seconds and the Unicorn ate grass in time with the disk drive being "clicked". That was incredible.

This is a hard one. I voted III mainly because World of Xeen wasn't included; and I played the heck out of it on an old 386. Of course, I did the same with II, and didn't have to run a system disk and hope I didn't run out of memory with it. :p

I've had a lot of fun with this series over the years; up until 7 really. Didn't care as much for 6-7, but they were better than most of what was out there at the time. 8, however, wasn't any good at all to me, and I didn't even bother with 9.

A very tough call! I personally feel that MM7 has a small edge over MM6 because of the factions and choices/consequences related to those factions. I believe it was a bit smaller than MM6, but not enough to actually matter. Another thing to take into consideration is that some of the MM7 cities had a better atmosphere imho, but MM6 had the best dungeons overall.

Like I said, a tough call, but to me MM7 > MM6 because of the factions. The two games are almost equally brilliant, but 7 has that little edge.

Would have to be Might & Magic 7 because it was the first one i played.
Loved every second of the gameplay, the way you could choose a path, light & dark
was always my best bit.

I only played 6, 7, 8, and 9 and Foss is right they did just get worse.

Back
Top Bottom