Witcher 3 - Preview @ Rock, Paper, Shotgun

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Rock, Paper, Shotgun has a new preview about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

The rise and rise of CDP has been a remarkable thing to watch. What we’re seeing is a studio spooling up to full power. The enormous ambition of The Witcher failed to really hit its mark, but the intention was clear. The even greater ambition of The Witcher 2 revealed CDP to be an RPG creator that was hitting its stride, as well as achieving its ambitions, and now the third game, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, threatens to outshine an entire industry with its technical and artistic prowess. Full power, I suspect, has been reached.

There’s every reason for scepticism at this early, hype-manufacturing stage, but what we saw at Gamescom this year suggests that The Witcher 3 could be the most important mainstream game of 2014. If nothing else the rather blunt claim of “a world thirty-five times the size of The Witcher 2″ should get our attention.

What was shown to press audience at Gamescom was a 45-minute sequence played and narrated by the developers. It was as staged as all such demos are, but there was no doubt that this was the actual game (mistakes in combat revealed that, and we’ll come back to that), running as intended.
More information.

Last edited:
Grrrggg.... must not get hyped, must not get hyped, must not...

You WILL be assimilated. Resistance is futile :)

Assimilation can be fun…

Attachments

• Star-Trek-Babes-Seven-of-Nine-02.jpg
    Star-Trek-Babes-Seven-of-Nine-02.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 69
Nice shots!

Hard not to get hyped, but then I remember the bugs and performance issues in previous Witchers that remind me not to buy this at release. But I may weaken.... ;)

I never had any technical issues with either of the previous games, but they did have extremely high system requirements if you wanted to play with all the bells and whistles.

I wonder how much of an impact an imported save will have in TW3.

Or even if not. The long zone loading times in Witcher 1 being the most on the top of my mind since they basically made me shelve the game for while because of the sheer boredom of waiting.

Or even if not. The long zone loading times in Witcher 1 being the most on the top of my mind since they basically made me shelve the game for while because of the sheer boredom of waiting.

SSDs are great :D

Thanks but I've already seen them all :) Waiting for Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk is gonna kill me.

Is the ISO cam coming back or are they trying to stick us with the horrible over the shoulder and low FoV as the only option?

I doubt it's coming back. This is the same engine as The Witcher 2 so I'd expect a similar viewpoint.

Back
Top Bottom