Gothic 3 - Final Community Patch Released!

Before 1.7 Goblins was already tough and quite difficult to avoid them it first. I wonder how you could have feel it different. It's not the first time I see a behavior attributed to 1.7 when the description fit perfectly previous behavior.

I disabled AB because it's just a full set of gameplay change I don't like, but if 1.7 description is right this shouldn't change fights when new IA is activated.

The difficulty was medium and that's right there's this change, well against animals, all, not only wolves, it's so much more easy that it's still more easy at medium difficulty and against two at same time.

Against other, perhaps not all but too many, try the click feast, you clearly didn't and it's still a huge design hole, with the new weird companion behavior wich is the second anti gameplay change (but typical fan change).

First stop focusing on the damn goblins I mentioned them in passing because when I posted I just had a fight with a bunch of them. They were annoying the hell out of me because they backed me up into a corner and preceded to knock the stuffing out of me. I'm talking about most of the opponents you come across. I had only a few where I could hit, back up a second and rehit everytime. Buffalo are easy to take down like that. Wolves too as long as you do not get surrounded. Now that I think about it most animals can be taken down like that, but I still have to be careful. For example: I was just taken out by Silver wolves because I did not time my movement correctly a few times. They did not autolock me to death. I just got sloppy and just started trying to "click feast them to death." Did not work.

Second you are one funny dude. I love this little dickish comment "try the click feast, you clearly didn't":D Why in the world would I be going through the trouble of commenting here if I did not already try it. I already said that I tried that and got my butt handed to me on a silver platter.

Now answer me this, how do you get past their blocks? I am talking about normal orc or human opponents NOT goblins or animals(let us just avoid those little green guys since you seem to think that only someone with rose colored glasses on thinks they are improved) I try just clicking away and get stopped by a block after at most 3 hits. Sometimes 1 hit then block, but never had a click feast last longer than 3 hits. What weapons are you using? I use both the sword and staff, but I'm trained in the staff. With either of them if I try to just swing away it does not work.

@Dasale
I think I found a solution to you problem.
UNINSTALL COMMUNITY PATCH 1.70
or please just cut the BS

Back to the topic at hand Gothic 3 patch. Has anyone seen the new feature in the community patch work. The one that says wild animals will frenzy after being hit over and over again. They will ignor pain and just keep coming? I do not think I have seen that happen yet. Everytime I hit the poor beasties they always back up.

Well you bunch of real men make me laugh, G3 need to have an improved difficulty and was too easy, that the point of the 1.7?

Lol, typical fan blindness.

EDIT: Goblins was easy prey? :biggrin:, then I don't see why they are less easy now. Blocks? As if there was no block before, had you played G3 before? All of that is so ridiculous, it's worse than with oblivion fans.

EDIT2: Before 1.7 or with 1.7 no changes, when there's a block, you continue the click feast until the block stop sooner or later, no changes here.

Yes, crowd stupidity and club blindness. Pathetic.

Well you bunch of real men make me laugh, G3 need to have an improved difficulty and was too easy, that the point of the 1.7?

EDIT: Goblins was easy prey? :biggrin:, then I don't see why they are less easy now. Blocks? As if there was no block before, had you played G3 before? All of that is so ridiculous, it's worse than with oblivion fans.

EDIT2: Before 1.7 or with 1.7 no changes, when there's a block, you continue the click feast until the block stop sooner or later, no changes here.

Bullshit! I have had it with being nice to you only when you seem to want to mock everyone who does not agree with you. So go fucking install the patch again and just TRY DOING EDIT 2....Becuase that is pure and utter bullshit.

We are all just fans huh?WHO GIVES A RATS ASS! We like the game so we play the game. Yes that makes us fans and your comments make you a right bastard who does not give a shit about anyone else but his own voice.

You are either delusional or more likely a common troll. Well guess what I fell for your stupidity and pissed me off. Mission accomoplished. Are you happy now? Did you get your pathetic little laugh about how you pissed someone off?

You say you keep fighting after the blocks. That is the dumbest thing I have heard today (and I just read the dumbest article ever) That is a flat out lie that you can do that when everyone else cannot.

The *combat* in G3 was too easy, and, more to the point, too boring. That's *a* point in 1.7.

By the way, I never managed to finish G3. I couldn't put up with the grind of those fights.

EDIT: Goblins was easy prey? :biggrin:,

Yes, they were.

then I don't see why they are less easy now.

I take it you haven't played it much.

In 1.6, I could wade into a pack of goblins and slay them all without having put a single point into swords or strength.

In 1.7, I still have to take them one at a time, even after having about 110 in AK, 120 Strength, Staff Fighting 2, and a Blade Staff.

Blocks? As if there was no block before, had you played G3 before?

I have, and there wasn't. Or, rather, there was, but because it didn't block all damage nor break your attack, you could just keep click-spamming right through the block -- i.e., it might as well not have been there at all, since all it meant was having to click a few more times to win.

All of that is so ridiculous, it's worse than with oblivion fans.

Yeah, right.

Except that post-1.7, a block breaks your clickfest, and the defender can and often does riposte, and this riposte just about always gets through.

The fact is that 1.7 *IS* harder, especially with AB -- I did decide to go with a mage build, and I've had to do Fedex quests and at most some really easy kill missions until Day 29, roughly. Now I'm finally at the point where I'm turning the tables on those bastards -- and I'm *still* having to use a mix of tactics to get the job done, rather than just wading in swingin'. As in, I start out with a few fireballs to weaken or thin out the crowd, then I run, hide, and return to finish off a few with some arrows, and finally I wade in with my blade staff to take care of the survivors. That's a lot more challenging and interesting from a gameplay perspective than the previous system of wading in and click-spamming.

Of course, as I said, some people enjoy the über-god feel the original balancing gives, where you can become the universal arena champion without spending a point to improve your fighting abilities, and about the only thing you need to worry about is a mob that combines ranged and melee attacks. That's OK -- there are plenty of games catering to you guys there. Oblivion, for example.

Too much to read, G3 was a crap, G3 1.17 is still a crap despite all the fixes. I don't care.

You shouldn't post in threads about games you don't care about, and especially you shouldn't provoke answers if you don't want to read them.

This is starting to get old.

Dasale, if you don't like Gothic 3 then that's fine. Stop bashing it, and just go play something you like.

After upgrading my GPU and installing CP 1.7 I finally started to play G3. Damn its a fine game. I dont want to feed the troll, but combat has been really improved since previous patches official or CP ones. Finaly I am feeling at home, which means that I try to calculate outcomes of my battles like I did in G1 and G2 and when the odds are against me(opponent has better armor/weapon etc.) I back off. I was startled when I died in the first village during fights with all those orcs. Of course I was using known tactics from previous installments of Gothic (click'n'click till the job is done) and boy did my ass was handed to me. Had to revert to hit and run tactics. Welcome G3 to your damn fine roots :) .

PS. Even though CP makes the game playable its still painfull to load the game.

PS2. Ow Prime dont be too harsh for Oblivon. Recently Ive loaded maany realism mods for it and amongst them were gems by Duke Patricks. Believe me that engaging even the easiest enemy can result in quick death thanks to higher damage done by weapons. For a beginer character 1-2 hits from random bandit and your dead. 1-2 arrows and your dead. Its pure fun. Of course there are some realism mechanisms balancing changes involved but I wont dwell upon them since its a G3 thread :) .

Now, how about my question before I had my little explosion. Has anyone seen the feature where the animals will go into a frenzy and attack you without any regard to pain? I thought that was a cool idea, but I don't think I've seen it implemented. The little suckers will back off every time I hit them.

Too much to read, G3 was a crap, G3 1.17 is still a crap despite all the fixes. I don't care.

I think World of Warcraft is crap. That's why I don't hang out on World of Warcraft forums bitching about how crap it is. Instead, I play games that I think aren't crap. I suggest you give this approach a try -- you'll be happier, and the people you interact with will be happier too.

PS2. Ow Prime dont be too harsh for Oblivon. Recently Ive loaded maany realism mods for it and amongst them were gems by Duke Patricks. Believe me that engaging even the easiest enemy can result in quick death thanks to higher damage done by weapons. For a beginer character 1-2 hits from random bandit and your dead. 1-2 arrows and your dead. Its pure fun. Of course there are some realism mechanisms balancing changes involved but I wont dwell upon them since its a G3 thread :) .

Yeah, I've heard good things about various modded versions of Oblivion. I just got so heartily sick of it when attempting to grind through it as it was originally released that I haven't even been able to look at my Collector's Edition box without feeling queasy. I did install one version of Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul at one point, and it did seem promising -- unfortunately I just wasn't enjoying the exploration due to my initial overdose of it. I just got to and through that one ruin just outside the spot where you emerge into the world.

I would probably rather enjoy it if I came to it afresh, if someone explained to me exactly which mods to install first, though. There is a lot to like, too -- the kinetic feel of the combat, the sprawling and quest-ridden world, the massive variety of phat lewt, and so on.

Now, how about my question before I had my little explosion. Has anyone seen the feature where the animals will go into a frenzy and attack you without any regard to pain? I thought that was a cool idea, but I don't think I've seen it implemented. The little suckers will back off every time I hit them.

I have, I think. I tried bludgeoning a ripperbeast to death with my quarterstaff, and it suddenly just went completely nuts, hammered me a few times and then threw me about eight feet into the air. For once, that dying "Aaargh!" sounded appropriate...

I think that mostly you won't see it, though, because if you're attacking beasts at your level you'll kill them in a couple of hits; it only has time to happen if you're trying to click-spam a tough beast with a very weak weapon.

I would probably rather enjoy it if I came to it afresh, if someone explained to me exactly which mods to install first, though. There is a lot to like, too -- the kinetic feel of the combat, the sprawling and quest-ridden world, the massive variety of phat lewt, and so on.

Sorry for the off topic comment here.

Here is a link at rpgcodex where I found the best mods to use-
http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=23729

Scroll down to astromarines post where he lists all the mods he used. I used pretty much everyone of them. I do not recomend realistic fatigue unless you really want a much much harder game. It was interesting for awhile but it got boring really quick.

There are too many to link here but here are a few of the links to some of his mods and some that were not on there.

To make oblivion playable and more difficult you just need this mod FCOM
http://devnull.devakm.googlepages.com/
It takes the four biggest and most popular mods and makes them playable together.

I warn you it takes some fancy installing to get it right. Once it is installed it is like a whole new game....well they still have most of the lame quests.

Dark UI_wz inventory makes the inventory system easier to manage and looks better too.
http://www.ni-te.de/wzLabs/content/oblivion/wz_inv

Female EyeCandy Body Replacer makes the everyone prettier :D
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10171

Eshme's Bodies and Clothes Version 3 Clothes to go with the new bodies
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=18655

Quarls Texture Pack 3 - It makes Oblivion look better
Warning Over 2 Gig in Size and it is pretty old. There are probably better ones out there now but I always liked this one.
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=2363

last one but a must imo-
Origin of the Mages Guild Quest
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/theelderscrollsivoblivion/mod/20961.html

Once again sorry for the derail here but I know how frustrating it is to have to sift through tons of additional mods without knowing which ones are of any use.

Back
Top Bottom