Path of Exile - Review @ IGN

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
IGN reviews Path of Exile and awards the game with a score of 8.8/10. Here is the verdict from the reviews conclusion.

Path of Exile successfully captures the spirit of older action RPGs and updates it for an experience that's as visually appealing as it's fun. The combat itself doesn't differ much from other examples in the genre, but Path of Exile distinguishes itself with a unique ability system based on gems and a labyrinthine passive skill system that permits the creation of almost any type of character. Leaderboards, PvP options, and lootable challenge maps spice up the higher level content, and an unusual bartering system staves off inflation in its multiplayer aspects. Best of all, it's free almost to a fault, revealing a compelling alternative path for free-to-play projects to come.

More information.

The game seems well done and the skill tree is massive, but I have been unable to play for more than 30 minutes at a time, most of the time less than that, due to server disconnects. In contrast, I was disconnected twice during the entire Diablo III campaign.

Hm... probably their servers are under increased stress now, because I rarely had disconnects when I played a few months ago. And I'm sure people had lots of server issues in D3 after release, too.

Well, at least it is F2P. I downloaded and installed it yesterday. Took forever from their website. I figured I should link it with my Steam account, and it redownloaded it on Steam, but much faster. You may be want to try a Steam installation?

Back
Top Bottom