Borderlands - Underdome Riot DLC Announced & Patch @ ShackNews

magerette

Hedgewitch
ShackNews has posted a couple of newsbits on Borderlands. The first deals with the next installment of downloadable content. Here's the text:
The second downloadable add-on for Borderlands was just officially announced by developer Gearbox and publisher 2K Games.

Dubbed "Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot," the follow-up to "Zombie Island" brings three new "Riot Mode" areas to the shooter-RPG, where players can face off against an "onslaught of Pandora's baddest enemies," along with more storage capacity via a new "bank feature" and the ability to earn two more skill points through quest rewards.

Coming to all three versions, the 800 Microsoft Points / $10 download hits Xbox 360 on December 29, PlayStation 3 on January 7, then PC at some unknown point.

Update: Gearbox has clarified that the "Riot Mode" arenas "are not just new deathmatch areas," but "an entirely new game mode" in which players face off against waves of enemies a la Gears of War 2's Horde Mode or Halo 3: ODST's Firefight.
The other bit of news is that a second bug fix for XBox 360 has been released, with PC and PS3 fixes scheduled to be next. You can find the patch summary at the link above and the full changelog here.

More information.

Wow .. they have done very little to address the core problems of the game ...

Is there any word on the hit detection or AI? They have all these DLCs planned I would think they would throw in a patch or two for that as well.

I've not heard anything ... and if anything, I found that the patch made some things worse!

I'm not sure how Borderlands could get much worse. ;)

If I'm not mistaken, the hit detection, particularly with sniper rifles, got worse.

Well, to answer your question - it could crash and have lousy performance.

Back
Top Bottom