Pricewatch!

skav wrote:
I played lords of magic and my god was that thing slow on my computer. It took ages for the computer to take its turns. Other than that I liked the Chaotic units.

I'll give this one another try when I get some free time…which should be in about 6 months....
Yeah, all the old games were horribly, excruciatingly slow on the AI turns. I remember I used to go get snacks, read a book, etc, during my long campaign sessions of HoMM2 and 3. But they don't play that way on faster machines—I play HoMM3 on XP all the time and the AI turns fly by. Hopefully that will be the case with the GOG version of LOM.

The problem I had with LOM on XP is that the actual battles fly by so fast you can't follow your moves. The graphics are also pretty grim and primitive, even by the standards of the day.

Anyway—I fully sympathize with having a long playlist atm. This is definitely something that can live on the back burner. :)

Last edited:
The current issue of the German magazine called " c't " comes with Windchaser and with Zoo Empire - and lots of more technical stuff, of course.

GamersGate has The Guild 2 Platinum for 19.95$. It includes the guild 2 + Pirates of the European Seas expansion + The Guild 2 Venice standalone expansion… for the American thanksgiving weekend.

I can't say much about the game yet, I just grabbed it myself, didn't think it had all that much to do with rpgs since it just seemed to be a sim game. But you get to make your character, adjust his stats upon creation, get xp and level up… You can go out and get into fights or you can be a craftsman or a merchant. I suppose its not really a RPG in the sense that you don't really go questing around, but it does have many RPG elements.

Oh and the game is DRM free for those who hate drms :p.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-GUILD2P/the-guild-2-platinum

More Gamersgate stuff for you downloading types--this is a Cyber Monday special, so I'm thinking these prices are not going to last--CivIV Complete is $15.98, Dragon Age is $39.95/$51.95 for deluxe version and Risen, $29.95, among others.
The full list is here:
http://www.gamersgate.com/offers

Risen CE (multi-language) for 40 EUR on Amazon.de.

Only Dec. 11th!

Now here is a real deal.

lots at 50% off a the Atari site, including NWN 2 and the Witcher products.

I'm on it for TW Enchanted Director's Cut for only $15.

Don't know how long it will last...

Now here is a real deal.

lots at 50% off a the Atari site, including NWN 2 and the Witcher products.

I'm on it for TW Enchanted Director's Cut for only $15.

Don't know how long it will last…

This even applies to the retail box versions of all their games.

This is a great sale indeed, thanks for pointing it out Thrasher :). I'm ordering The Witcher EE tonight.

Games are more expensive here.

Yes. It's a normal retail DVD box with another carton around it which includes the gimmicks. I doubt it's worth an import.

Back
Top Bottom