Mass Effect 2 - Preview @ Big Download

aries100

SasqWatch
Another preview for Mass Effect 2 can be found at Big Download which has done one of their "All You Need to Know" features for this game. The preview falls in three sections which are summary, background and hype. The concluding part is below:
Mass Effect 2 is yet another game from BioWare. It has a good combat system, an epic story, and a morality system. This is all what we have come to expect from BioWare, but frankly, it would be nice to see them leave their comfort zone once in a while. Mass Effect 2 appears to sit entirely within what they are comfortable with, and while this is great for consumers that love BioWare, it's not that great for those looking for something different and innovative.
Do you think their observations are accurate ?
More information.

About right I think. I enjoyed dragon age, but at it's heart it's the same old bioware game. I don't need to replay that story in space quite so soon.

One to pick up from the bargain bins towards the end of the year maybe.

I'm looking forward to it, too, but in the last couple years, I've gone from huge excitement prior to a Bioware release to a lukewarm, almost "ho hum" feeling. I think it has a lot to do with this sameness, from game to game.

I look forward to it too, but I just hope that the dialog options of ME2 will have a greater impact on the storyline and missions development (or closure) than they had in ME1

I'm more or less constantly sci-fi starved, so ME2 will be a welcome addition to my far-too-small sci-fi RPG collection.

I'm preparing to start a new game of ME so I can transfer my save file to ME2. I'm still agonizing over which class to choose though….

I wonder if I can finish everything else I need to play in January AND get in a ME replay ... have to try ,I suppose.

@JDR
I'd pick a class with biotics, so either the Sentinel, the Vanguard, or the Adept. Generally, I find biotics very useful, and loads of fun. It also looks like a lot of fun in ME2 (seen some videos of Adepts blowing stuff away with biotics).

Back
Top Bottom