Gothic 2 [Mod] Vurt's Gothic II Texture Pack

Did you remember to tweak the .ini after reinstalling?

Those were more or less my values too in the previous installs (including the last one that crashed). Didn't bother tbh, this time, as it crashed before installing your mod (I found a save that crashes at the exact same spot every time)...

Anyways, since I've actually started some serious gaming again (having quite a bit of fun with KB:Legend that was sitting on my backlog for the last year or so), I'll bother with it again when you put up the next version... (Only thing different now from my original install, are those English translation dats... seems a new game is the way to go)

yay, more mountains!

zuam1.jpg

* New water. 80 frames of animation (original is 10 frames). Water caustics(one place only so far, look or dive at the docks where Lares is).
Would you mind elaborating on that?
* New rain, sun, skies (sun is still experimental).
Any chance of screens? Since the Gothics are all about exploration I consider the sky very important.

Also, I still have the 157MB Texture Pack in my torrent client. Should I delete it/is every improvement in it included in the new versions?

My water caustics arent as advanced as those in Risen 2 or anything (since they're done with a shader), mine is simply an animated texture layer on the bottom of the sea. They've visible from above sea level too, like they should be in shallow water.

Skies

And yes, that mod is now outdated.

Last edited:
Found some (amazingly enough did not have one on my last playthrough).

Will upload tomorrow morning. Multiupload is free I guess right ?

EDIT: And amazingly enough those saves do not crash anywhere... weird shit...

Here they are. I believe they are from a pretty old NOTR playthrough (might even be my first one :) ) they should contain at least one save from each "world"…

EDIT: Checked out the new version. The mountains really transform the landscape, nice.
Worth the performance drop ;) (down to 30 fps to some places again).

A couple of bugs (see comments below): Rotating tree and energetic sheep :D

Last edited:
download v0.7: https://rapidshare.com/files/894921004/Vurt_s_Gothic_II_Graphics_Overhaul_v07.7z

0.7 updates the mod with new flora in Jharkendar and fixes the wall infront of the cave entrance on the Island (outside of City of Khorinis harbor). I've also removed collision from some trees below Xardas Tower and on the farm (on the way to the city). Jharkendar also has new textures for ocean, sand and sky. The swamp is now animated with a new texture. Pirate's camp has a few extra details added like sea shells and ocean foam. Canyon has a new cacti, updated default plant/cacti textures and added grass and a new type of dead tree.

Swamp

Cacti

Beach

Beach II

Beach III

Foam and sea shells

Last edited:
I love what you did in Jharkendar, looks great. Nice touch on the water on the pirate cove, very Carribean ;) (It would probably look more natural if the color darkened further out but I like it a lot it as it is too). No performance issue there that I could see except a strange hitching on the camera on few spots (I doubt its the mod of course).

A couple of bugs I've seen and you might not know about (see comment below):
floating trees and semi visible crates

Interesting with the "broken" crates, i have that too on my main computer (nvidia) in the vanilla game, but not on my laptop (ati).. do you also have a nvidia card? it's a really odd thing and it doesnt seem to be because of the mod.

Hmm are the trees really floating there? arent they standing on the cliff? difficult too see in your screen.

I have a gtx670 on my PC now. I guess its a driver bug then...

The bottom of the trees aligns with the cliff, but when they animate they move as a whole, instead of like having their base fixed on the ground and being pushed by the wind…

Ah, ok then, it just seemed odd and I thought that it was something along the lines of the rotating tree branches... Should be ok as it is not easy to notice but I seem to have an eye for those things for some reason :)

OT: It seems Nvidia has a few glitches with this game. I had no problems with the HD5870. The camera hitches are particularly annoying. I'll need to see if there is something to be done about it...

Back
Top Bottom