Risen Risen retail sightings

Hehe. It is indeed a marvelous city.

But on a more serious note, we're in the same boat on this one "mon ami" for we cannot yet play the retail game and this sucks balls. :bigcry:

So did Canada get Risen at all, or was it just a US release?

As far as retail is concerned, the game has not really been released in the US in any significant or consistent way. My pre-order has been in a state of flux for nearly a week now.

While I love the game, make no mistake - the Risen US release is an unqualified disaster that will do nothing but lose them sales.

I agree with txa1265. I was gonna wait till Oct 2nd and go in a few stores includign 3 different Gamestops, Walmart, and Target, but none of them knew anything about it, including the GS, and none knew if they were going to have basically saying that an unpopular title like this could come a week early, or two weeks late. So, I just ordered it from GS online with overnight shipping and they actually shipped a few days before the release. I would advise to go online if you can.

In sweden (Webhallen) they moved the release to 16/10. From 2/10, and that changed few days before release date to 9/10 and now to 16/10. I cancelled the order from them.

It seems its not only the US that has release problem.

I got mine from Gamersgate so i am happy (as i wrote above). Manual is now also available for download - apparently the Manual they first got was corrupt and they awaited a new one.

One frustrated mofo here, we have 6 Eb games store here, I have 55 eb games credits, so I wanted to get the game there as not to cost me anything. All 6 eb games went from the game is shipping to they do not know to Discontinued?? What the hell, I love RPG's and especially ones like Risen, more old school, not hold your hand types. Does anyone know if it is ever going to EB games? How moronic is this. No wonder PC retail sales are declining, it's almost like they want it to.

I agree with you. I live in Montreal too and am really mad in general concerning availability of PC games in Montreal. As you said , it's the 2nd largest city in Canada. Wanted to buy Drakensang when it came out, it was nowhere to be found. Same with Risen. Bought both of them from direct2drive. Would of liked to have the boxed copy of both of these games though. There still are no boxed copy's of Drakensang in any store in Montreal. But in FutureShop/Best Buy/ EbGames, there are tons of shelf space taken up for pre-order copy's of Xbox360 and PS3 games...
Anyways, sorry for the rant, I'm just a bit frustrated at the state of PC games these days. I guess the future of PC games will probably be in direct download. Don't know if it's a good or bad thing.

I concur.
I live in Montréal, the 2nd biggest city in Canada… and they don't have it……..
Unbelievable….

I can understand that they don't have it in Québec City ;) (@Vanedor)
but Montréal?
I mean come on!!!

Anyways, sorry for the rant, I'm just a bit frustrated at the state of PC games these days. I guess the future of PC games will probably be in direct download. Don't know if it's a good or bad thing.

I can only agree with you. And unlike in the US, it doesnt even seem possible to order a boxed copy online from a canadian website!

At least, we can still buy a digital download copy from steam, direct2drive or gamersgate. But it sucks when you are not able to buy a PC game from a brick and mortar store. And then they say that PC games sales are dwindling. Can't buy games that are not there and PC games sales wont go up if the games are hidden in the back of the store or the top shelves and the presentation is not attractive.

I can only agree with you. And unlike in the US, it doesnt even seem possible to order a boxed copy online from a canadian website!

In sweden (Webhallen) they moved the release to 16/10. From 2/10, and that changed few days before release date to 9/10 and now to 16/10. I cancelled the order from them.

It seems its not only the US that has release problem.

I got mine from Gamersgate so i am happy (as i wrote above). Manual is now also available for download - apparently the Manual they first got was corrupt and they awaited a new one.

I ordered mine from play.com since it was delayed in sweden. Sadly the order is in "packing mode" as has been for the last 3 days. How long can it take to pack a game in a box and ship it? Now I curse myself for not buying the game in digital format.

I would like to buy collector`s edition of the game and am curious about ingame language selection. Is there an option for voiced English or just English subtitles or none? The rest of the package is fully in German (except the art book) as far as I know, right?

As far as I know the western european releases of Risen (standard and collectors edition) are multilingual. You can choose between German, English and French language.
Italian and Spanish only with subtitles.

Only the standard UK version is English only.

The Risen game manual of the german collectors edition is written in German of cause.

You can download the english manual legally on steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/40300/

click on view the manual

or the direct link:

http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/40300/GfW Risen Manual US PRINT.pdf?t=1255455894

I finally found a copy of Risen in a Future Shop in Longueuil today :). At last. Any longer and I would have imported it.

Back
Top Bottom