Pricewatch!

Amazon.de has a 2-for-1 sale on older PC games. Buy 2 games, get the cheaper one for free. Included RPGs are DA1 and 2, Divinity 2 and Venetica. Epecially the last 2 games in their brilliant German loca for 12 EUR combined is a great deal.

They also have Alpha Protocol for 4.xx EUR. That's a great game with less action than expected. It looks like a 3rd person shooter, but it's definitely an RPG. The combat situations are similar to Max Payne 2, minus the bullet time and plus stat influence.

Fable III is 66% off this weekend on Steam. That translated to $16.99 in the US.

Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger or wait until it gets cheaper yet....

King's Bounty Platinum and other King's Bounty games are 66% to 75% off on Gamersgate. If you haven't played these games yet and have even the slightest craving for turn-based combat mixed with solid RPG elements, you really shouldn't pass on this sort of deal.

Tempted to get Crossworld for $5, but not sure if its compatible with my Steam installation of AP.

Anyone have any success with a Steam base game, augmented by a Gamer's Gate expansion?

Can't imagine either would provide very good support for such a Frankenstein creation.

This is why I prefer boxes and hardcopys...

Do they sell English games or are they all German localised? (Want Venetica—in English!)

Venetica and Divinity 2 DKS are dtp games so they are German only. dtp seems to believe that more choice = too confusing for the dumb ass customers so they are very anal about regional locking.
The lameness goes as far as not even being able to get your hands on an English version of e.g. Divinity 2 DKS if you try to buy the game on Steam. Steam checks your IP and if it is a German IP you can only buy the German version of DKS.
God forbid dtp would adapt to modern times and offer multilingual versions (especially on DD platforms like Steam) like the other 99%+ of the publishers out there. Can't have that. They might actually sell more games or something. Oh the horror... :rolleyes:

I had the same question, and was mucho disppoint to apprently see no engrif versions.

Is it thinking their customers are too dumb, or just being inflexible, or being provincial/protective of the german language?

Most German players aren't interested in English versions, as long as the games are uncut. Everything gets translated. For dtp's RPGs one can even consider the German versions the "original".

They funded the games and directly cater the German market. All other markets and probably the costs for the loca are licensed to other publishers. It's more than likely these partners also have the respective digital distribution rights. So for a German version they get a much bigger piece of bigger pie than for an English version which lands in the bargain bin after 4 weeks. Higher price, one involved party less.
Sounds all nice and logical … until you ask why they don't emulate Kalypso's model and go DDL first & direct in the international markets !?

Direct2Drive has Max Payne 1+2 for 75% off. That brings the price to $3.75, which is a great deal for anyone who likes shooters and hasn't played those yet. Unfortunately it's only available to the US and Canada.

Fable III is 66% off this weekend on Steam. That translated to $16.99 in the US.

Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger or wait until it gets cheaper yet….

I'm contemplating getting that, despite not liking the original Fable at all. I'm curious about the steampunk elements it appears to have. i.e. firearms, etc.

Most German players aren't interested in English versions, as long as the games are uncut. Everything gets translated. For dtp's RPGs one can even consider the German versions the "original".

Hmmm, I could probably get by with the German versions. Could be interesting.

Anyway, I should *really* stop watching these offers!! Now I want Fable 3 just because, and I just found the first two Broken Sword Director's Cut games for 2,50 each! That's two classic point-and-click adventure games remade in HD for 5,-! Goodbye, money. :( (And I already have these on iOS, too. :/)

Broken Sword
Broken Sword II

Broken Sword Director's Cut was available on GOG for free for 48 hours after they had broken the 6m download barrier.

I'm contemplating getting that, despite not liking the original Fable at all. I'm curious about the steampunk elements it appears to have. i.e. firearms, etc.

Tough call - there is some stuff, but it IS very much still Fable, with all the RPG-lite, nonsense, and so on.

Space Siege is 75% off on Steam today. I'm not familiar with it, but it's apparently made by the team that did Dungeon Siege I & II (but not III, of course).

Any thoughts on it? The metacritic scores aren't great...

Back
Top Bottom