Risen Blue barriers and the crystal discs

Lucinda

Watcher
Hi again, I am once more undeniably stuck :(

I am on the search for the 5 crystal discs, and one of them is supposedly "in the big temple to the east of the bandit camp". I can only find 1 big temple east of there, and it is full of molten lava and whatnot. There are also 2 blue barriers in there, one of them sealing off a chamber with a large chest. Since I have yet to find the darn disc, I am suspecting that it is behind one of those barriers.

The problem is that I am one of the Don's hunters, and as such I cannot learn any magic. I already have the disc from Eldic the druid, where Cyrus gave me 3 scrolls that could bypass red barriers. I've still got 2 of those left, only they will not work on the blue barriers.

When speaking to Cyrus, I only get the option to trade with him, and he does not sell anything that works on blue barriers. Apparently neither does anyone else at the monastery, or anywhere else I've looked in the game. No scrolls or seals to take down those annoying barriers.

IS the disc behind one of those blue doors (in the big volcanic temple), or am I just overlooking something that does not require bypassing the blue barriers? Or is there some obscure way for a hunter to acquire scrolls that will take down a blue barrier?

I've been searching for the past 2 hours now, running back and forth, trading, talking, casting scrolls left and right and I just cannot find any solution *sigh*

Put the rest under spoiler just incase anyone didn't want to know.

I'm fairly sure you're in the wrong place, not quite sure which temple you are at, theres several, I'm assuming Fincher told you to go help bandits he sent off to the eastern temple? or did the don say there was one over there, if not speak to Fincher, should give you an idea on the map where it is, on the map its not terribly clear, but you need to approach the mountains shown on the map from the west side, so instead of going in the tunnel through the mountain, you want to head through a small passage north of where the tunnel is. if that makes sense. I have 4 discs, one with the don I'm just about to get, and didn't have to get through a blue barrier. I'm also trying to find a way through the barier, probably more scrolls later in the game.

Oh okay, thanks a lot :)

I get lost in a phone booth, no surprise I was running around in the wrong place.

I still can't find it! I've spent... I don't even know how many hours now running around :(

The only "big" temple I can find, which is east of the bandit camp, is the one northeast leading into the volcanic depths. And I've still not found any disc in there, only the two blue barriers I can't get past.
I've taken a picture of the entrance I am talking about here http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4932/mapwc.jpg

I have talked to Fincher, and he just says "The big temple to the east, you should know where it is" or some such. But I have no idea what he is talking about, argh!

It is so frustrating, because I have no other quests I can do at this point, and running around in circles is becoming very tiring.

You won't get to open the Blue Magic barrier until near the very end. The thing with those disks is that some of them are on an enemy's body. Also, if you select the quest in your quest log, you can see the location of the disks via the "Quest Map"

You won't get to open the Blue Magic barrier until near the very end. The thing with those disks is that some of them are on an enemy's body. Also, if you select the quest in your quest log, you can see the location of the disks via the "Quest Map"

Oh there IS a quest map! *facepalm* I am so daft, I hadn't noticed until now :rolleyes:

Thank you :blush:

Lol, don't worry, I didn't realize the existence of the Quest Map until much later then where you are right now.
I basically just went to all the areas that I didn't get to explore before and checked them all... Of course, doing that means a lot more headaches, but also a lot more treasures and XP ;).
But I wish there is a way to mark your map though. I am pretty sure I still have plenty of veins of ore that I missed because I couldn't mine it when I first found it.

my quest map does not show the places of the disks and in the quest it said that the pirate balturo may know something about 1 of the disks, but i had to kill him. i didn't find anything usefull to loot from him though in order to get to the disks. please help!!!! thank u

He doesn't know anything about the disks, he simply tells you to talk to the female pirate (whatever her name is, can't recall). You probably met her already in harbor town, she's the bartender there. She'll probably be waiting for you at the graveyard near the bandit camp.

Do her quest and you'll get one of the disks.

um........

you're looking in the wrong area... the temple to the east they are talking about is just south of the monastery. it is near a tower needed for leon's undead lords quests, it is easy 2 miss. the entrance is near a stream with a log going across it. you will come 2 a fork in the path, one will be a swamp, and the other just brush. follow the latter, and you are there.

Back
Top Bottom