Gothic 3 - Review @ GamesFirst

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GamesFirst has an curious (though short) review of Gothic 3 but despite the obligatory mention of Oblivion, they've eschewed a comparison with the two in favour of a pairing with World of Warcraft. The score is 4/5 and here's a snip:
Gothic 3 has the feel of World of Warcraft. It's one of those games that draws a dedicated community, where beating the game is a labor of love. But it also has a similar look to it - there's even the horde and the alliance, even though they aren't called that. Your character, the nameless hero from Gothic 1 and Gothic 2, starts out neutral when he comes to the main land where the game takes place, but he can choose to support the humans (WoW's Alliance) or the orcs (WoW's Horde) or even a neutral third party (WoW's, uh, Tinkerer's Union). He also fights against trolls and other WoW-ish monsters. Heck the game is even made up of three different zones: the forest, desert and tundra.
More information.

Hah! This 'professional reviewer', like most of them as it would seem, must be in his teens. Among other things, he states that the Gothic series originated from Jowood and luckily Aspryr has released two patches that address the game breaking bugs. May I add that I think its time that PB makes a Gothic game.

It is an interesting thought, but honestly I've always thought that the Elder Scrolls games (Morrowind and now Oblivion) are more like 'Single Player MMO's' than Gothic ever was ...

Interesting comparison. I remember many Gothic fans discussing a Gothic MMO back in the days at RPGDot. I never really liked the idea, but it might actually work if done properly - PB certainly knows how to make solid worlds with a good atmosphere.

Wow(no pun intended), seems like this guy has never played any fantasy rpg game before World of warcraft. This review is just sad.

Will they ever learn! :'( yet another of these flavour-of-the-month reviews where we see not so much mentioned on the inner game content but more of a reviewers limitations and shortcomings, biased preferences and the inability to give a centre-ground overview to the gaming world...just what are these so-called reviewers trying to achieve?...maybe they seek to gain some kind of alter-ego status, or some 'spanner-in-the-works' inner satisfaction. Though not a reviewer, even i could do better than this one.

Back
Top Bottom