EA wants their own gigantic action franchise

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/15/ea-building-lots-of-new-ips-and-gigantic-action-games

Patrick Soderlund, Executive Vice President of EA Studios told IGN that their masterplan is making something similar to GTA or Assassin's Creed.
So called action.

It's EA so I won't put much hope in it's quality, however EA's Red Dead Redemption will be also available on PC for sure and I don't think they'll release a broken mess advocating poor performace as it's deliberate to make cinematic experience.

As long as it has lots of awesome buttons I'm in!

Going by how many copies GTA and Assassin's Creed sell, that's not really a surprise is it?

Now the question is, will it be good.

Glad to see Red Dead finally turning up - lots of PC players will enjoy, I think. I hope it's moddable, though not very hopeful, since it's EA.

Red Dead Redemption was just an analogy to a yet to be revealed EA action franchise, right? There is no PC version of Red Dead Redemption in the works AFAIK and especially not from EA (if it would ever be coming to the PC at all then I'm pretty sure it would be published by Rockstar/Take 2).

There is no PC version definetly but Microsoft wants to bring ALL xbox360 games to PC.
What Microsoft doesn't know is that PC audience probably couldn't care less for usual xbox360 crap and the only reason to buy xbox360 today is RDR:
http://microsoft-news.com/xbox-boss-wants-xbox-360-games-to-work-on-the-pc/

Well, with the Win 10 Xbox app and if MS would add X360 games to that, I'm sure that there are myriads of morons out there who would buy an ancient shitty console game through that instead of buying the dedicated PC version :| . For the non-idiots it would indeed only make "sense" for the very few *good* (i.e. even fewer) exclusives that never made it to PC. RDR might very well be the one and only game fitting that definition.

The wishes of the MS Xbox boss are cute though. My no. 1 wish for Windows 10, Spence: I'd like to be able to permanently uninstall the ShitBox app. The keyword here is "permanently". As in never ever to be seen again. And if they do the X360 compat thing, then please keep that garbage out of my face. kthx.

I know, I know.. who am I kidding? *sigh*

I never tried myself as I don't care for xbox app being there, but for all I know only appstore cannot be permanently removed (it'll still return with updates).

Anyway, use search for "PowerShell" then right-click the PowerShell shortcut and select Run as administrator. Inside it, execute this command:
Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

Last edited:
Opps yes, I worded it poorly. I know that it is possible via "h4XX" ;) . I forgot to add that I ideally want an *official* opt-in option to install the app or at the very least a simple straightforward opt-out remove/uninstall option.
As a proud member of the PC master race it is an outrageous act of atrocity to even have to look at that logo :) .

PowerShell is not hax.
Dunno why is Microsoft pushing it's use (trust me I hate it because windows server 2012 where almost everything you want to do, you have to go powershell), I mean didn't we say goodbye to prompt ages ago when we chose windows over unix?

But think a bit. Isn't powershell exactly something that doesn't exist on consoles? And most important - it doesn't exist on phones nor phonuxoids (tablets, phablets, whatchamacallit)!

"I’m not suggesting we're going to go after GTA and sell 50 million units. We would love to! But what I'm saying is those types of absolutely AAA, big productions is what we want to do. And I think for us to do that, we need the right people."

This would be funny if it wouldn't be so tragic, especially for PC gamers. Considering how many great studios EA ran into the ground and how many truly "right people" they disposed of, it will hardly be a surprise when they epically flop.

Imagine what these guys would say about modern EA :)

Anzeige_Can_a_computer_make_you_cry.jpg

Didn't they tried that already with Saboteur? It's actually quite good game that didn't turn out successful, but you can guess what happened with the studio.
That "I’m not suggesting we're going to go after GTA and sell 50 million units. We would love to!" made me laugh, though...
b5c5f8ef3234ee5271513b37c91b11ce.524x432x1.jpg

I'd be astonished if Red Dead Redemption ever comes to the computer. What a great game that was, and the sole reason I even bought a playstation three. Should it ever happen though, I'm pretty certain I'd buy it again, as long as some stupid platform like Ubi or Origins isn't involved.

Unfortunately it's a Rockstar game so you can be sure you'll have the Rockstar Social Club or whatever their DRM/overlay is called.

That social club thing is one of the most annoying DRM schemes i've seen. LA Noire would have run a lot better if it didn't force me to use Rockstar social club… And talk about "breaking the fourth wall" when you can ask hints from the community while solving crimes in LA Noire...

Back
Top Bottom