Witcher English version, Patching & Uncut mod

The Witcher

Remus

Antihero
Questions:

1) So far from what i gathered - the UK version had censored voices & script while the US version seriously chopped. What about Aussie version?

2) For Asian english edition - anyone know it's based on UK, US, or Aussie version?

3) The uncut mod by halmtier compatible with patch 1.2?
http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=9006.0

The UK version was not censored at all, and as far as I understand the USA version only censored the nudity. The cuts to the English script were most likely due to disc space and to save a bit of money on voice acting (and some more by not having to use more than one DVD per copy).

No idea about the rest.

They should have ditched the german voice um.. acting in favor of an extended english one.
It's really poorly done and probably harms the game more than leaving it out in the first place would have.

Actually it's not bad at all. There are exceptions but few and far between. The only thing which I find annoying is the way NPCs keep saying: "Geralt?!" in a ton of voice like you just opened the door and found them sitting on a toilet.....

Actually it's not bad at all. There are exceptions but few and far between. The only thing which I find annoying is the way NPCs keep saying: "Geralt?!" in a ton of voice like you just opened the door and found them sitting on a toilet.....

That's funny and true! But yeah, people have complained about the voice acting, but people ALWAYS complain about that, doesn't matter how good a game is. Trust me, there's really nothing to complain about.

So.. anybody know about the Aussie version? Is it the same as the European version, or censored like the American one?

I can't imagine that they would censor GTAIV and leave The Witcher as it is, unfortunately. I've played the American version, and I'm going to buy the EE the day it's released, so I'll tell you guys if nobody knows for sure.

From what I've heard about Australian entertainment in general, I would be surprised if it was censored like the American version, but who knows.

Hmm... yup guess I missed it. Haven't been keeping up with the Fallout 3 news. I thought Australia was a country that freely showed boobies on network television? Isn't that what got censored in the American version of TW? Or do I have it all wrong about Aussy land?

Back
Top Bottom