You fed the troll

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I toldya a few times I don't watch youtube gameplay vids, reviews and previews.
And you continued linking those stuff. So I watched a few channels.

I'm sure everyone at least heard about TotalBiscuit. I admit, I enjoyed his two vids, couldn't believe myself how inspiring those vids felt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri0vrJ-y2zM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf5Uj4XIT1Y

Also, some said AngryJoe is good, and I say not only he's good, he's hilarious and fantastic! This is a mustsee vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYSCjGbv3YY

Didn't stop there. I wanted to see how does a full gameplay vid work. OfficialNerdCubed made one for a certain game that is IMO better than the game itself (not saying the game is not good - it actually is):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NGrR2jwI-Q

Just so you know, you fed the troll. Risen 3 returning to the roots forum, I'm coming back soon.

There's some truly great youtube gaming vids. Aside from music, gaming vids is pretty much all the site's good for nowadays, it's the new in-thing.

Totalbiscuit has a great voice, you can listen to that voice 'till the cows come home, but he doesn't normally go much beyond introductions. Angry Joe is most certainly cool and amusing, but, again, it's more about the review with him. I really enjoyed his review of last years Divinity game.

A really funny full lets player who tries to go the whole game is One F Jef:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jefmajor?feature=watch

A guy who can win on a game's hardest level while exclaiming "OMG I'm just hitting some button's, I don't know what's going on Fuuuuuuuuuuck!"

Not sure what the topic is about? If it's video-"reviews" on video games the only one watch I consistently watch is Yahtzee. TotalBiscuit is a bit too pretentious for his actual tastes and his videos are too long. Angry Joe's humour is hit and miss with the times when he misses being practically unwatchable, it's like a bad teenage comedy.
The bottom-line is that none of their opinions or views on gaming are really interesting and I'd sooner expect a regular RPG gamer to have better insight (and matching tastes) than any of them.

What amazes me is how much money they're doing.. there's a swedish guy called pewpewdie, he's making a million dollar a year, just from playing games and recording it..

I wish things like making mods would generate that kind of money, i'd be a trillionaire lol

nonono, i'm not jealous. not the least.. ;)

vurt I need norespawn mod for Amalur.
Assuming you'll make it, that will cost me how much?

Cmon there must be some flag that needs to be set on a certain value to prevent repopulating/rechestputting. They happen on area transition and are not timebased like in Respawnrim.

You betcha.

vurt I need norespawn mod for Amalur.
Assuming you'll make it, that will cost me how much?

How much more, you mean? Beyond the cost in respect from everyone that heard you ask to pay for a Trainer for an action wow clone? Why don't you just download some unlimted HP cheats and then you can ignore those mean respawns!

I never thought I'd meet someone who loves long runs back through empty areas as much as you. You know, just because you killed something in an area doesn't mean nothing can ever walk that area again.

Humor me, if you will… Which game featuring respawns started you off on this completely irrational stance against respawning monsters? I imagine when you were a new born baby you didn't give a shit then you played some game and it changed you forever? Which game?

I cant think of a single game with annoying respawns - only annoying random encounters on world maps while trying to get a half dead party back to the outpost to heal.

Last edited:
I don't like respawns or random-travel encounters :)

I didn't enjoy Diablo, Fable or Sacred because they had respawns. When I became more familiar with the internet I discovered that the respawns were 'the whole point', to which I now understand it, but I still find it too irritating to play. I quite enjoyed Path of Exile, but in that you could at least set up a portal which held your instance clear for a while, but even in that game it annoyed me as much as it pleasured me.

In Fable it was known of a player who got themselves to 60 years old without having got past the first forest due to the level scaling…

I first encountered random-travel encounters with Temple of Elemental Evil and that annoyed me no end. The whole point of going back to base is, as you say, to rest and recuperate, the last thing you're going to 'enjoy' in such a scenario is being trolled on your way back! Then, playing other games, such as Balder's Gate 2 and Dragon Age, I found out it was a 'thing', which means I'd likely get shouted down if I bothered to moan about it.

I don't really mind respawns, but obviously it shouldnt respawn over night or in a matter of hours, that's annoying. The player must be rewarded with the sense of accomplishment for a while. In Skyrim, if a dungeon is cleared, it's free from respawns for 30 days. Some dungeons never respawns. I think that's quite ok, never really bothered me.

Sorry SirJames, I don't intend to preach to you about Haast's eagle, Adzebill and different Moa species. You're in the neighborhood, maybe you've heard about those.

I want no respawns or mechanics to stop endless respawns in a game and that's it. I don't want any kinds of cheats, I don't want to be a godlike character, I just want when in Amalur during the play I remove all hostiles and loot all chests from an area - that it means I've removed them PERMANENTLY.

Many endless respawning games have such mods unless per design you can avoid respawns completely. I want the same thing for this game instead of getting level 3475632756348756 on respawns that'll make later hostiles killable with one hit/shot and eventually will turn the game into boredom.
Oh, boredom because of respawns is not the #1 problem with this game and most definetly not the real reason it didn't make enough sales to cover investments? Right.

Last edited:
Whatever.
Hopefully now you'll watch any of four vids in the first post now.
The thread is not really about respawns nor those vids are. I can only hope somehow somewhere someone will check one vid and return the thread ontopic.

Back
Top Bottom