The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Ladytron is excellent. I've got "Witching Hour" on my list of cds to purchase soon.

These guys sent me a spamish message, but I decided to give them a listen anyway. Good call! Fantastic dreampop. They've got their ep available for free download, too.
"Ride" and "Velvet" by Snow in Mexico

The Sisters of Mercy - Heartland

I managed to find this video as well. Live in Peterborough 1983. A must for the SoM nerds out there, for the rest I'm sure the horrible sound and image quality is enough to turn you off...

Edit: Is it just me or does Andrew Eldrich look like Joey Ramone?

Übereil

Last edited:
Harriet's got the voice of an angel, and the chorus on this one just soars. The song is stuck in my head, but I don't really mind.
"What Do You Think" by The Sundays

Good one there, Sir Markus. You really ought to give Honeybreath a listen if you're putting up Innocence Mission.

Lots of Cocteau Twins, with perhaps just a touch of Siouxie. Good stuff from Latvia.

"A Day in the City" by Tribes of the City

In one of those cool Twitter moments, a friend at AccuJazzRadio reminded me about the upcoming CD from Five Peace Band (with Chick Corea, John Mclaughlin, Kenny Garrett), and when I checked Amazon, for some reason the MP3 store released it a month early ... $16 for 2 CD's of great stuff!

I love this song by Yoko Kanno featuring Steve Conte: Living in a Shell. It's the closing song of the second GitS: SAC season... sigh.
I love this song.

@Jaz: I don't like this one that much, but overall Yoko Kanno's music in Gits: SAC is pretty awesome!

My favourite has to be 'Cyber Bird', probably because I have a soft spot for such vocals.

Gong - Angel´s Egg (1973)

These guys were way cool!
Behind the thick smoke, there´s a lot of creative and entertaining music in there.
And it´s always nice to hear some progrock which doesn´t take itself all that seriously.

Oily Way

Prostitute Poem

Inner Temple

Also, Gong - You (1974)

These guys were cool, too!
Compared to Angel´s Egg, maybe not as playful compositionally, but more playful instrumentally and soundscaping-wise.

Perfect Mystery

Master Builder
One of the more kickass songs of 70´s, that´s for sure.

Last edited:
Saturnus - Paradise Belongs to You

A much better cd than "veronika decides to die" lyrically and musically, I listen to this cd at least once sometimes up to 4 times a day here whilst i work. I forgot who turned me on to Saturnus here, but a thousand thank yous - this has become one of my favorite bands of all time! gothic doom at its finest!

Back
Top Bottom