Two Worlds II - Gamestop Preorder Bonus

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Southpeak's manic PR guy sent us news of Gamestop's preorder bonus for Two Worlds II. You'll get a sword called Luciendar and a new dungeon called the Labyrinth. There's footage of the dungeon here and a snip from their press release:
So anyway, there’s a preorder offer with some kickass stuff going on at Gamestop for Two Worlds II right now. Did you know? Well, fear not! I’ve got some new visuals for these goodies to share with you, including three screenshots of the MIGHTY AND GLORIOUS Luciendar Sword (and its stats!) and footage of the Labyrinth content which can only be accessed with the Gamestop exclusive preorder. The labyrinths include an entire group of mysterious sub-terranian labyrinths (NO WAY!) for the player to explore for great looting and gathering of TEH XPs and serious monies, along with 2-3 hours of additional gameplay. HOORAY! ======^.^======
More information.

This game looks like it will be a lot of fun. The quest log looks sweet. And the old-school maze-dungeon (both the map and in-game footage) look sweet. I think this game is the longest game I've ever anticipated... like they've been leaking news about its development for a century now... it just needs to get released already.

This trend really pisses me off. I could care less about ingame pets, cloth maps, etc., but including extra content, for only some buyers, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I have long ago learned the lesson of ordering a game (especially one with a poor track record) before I've had people whom I trust (this crowd) play and review it. No thanks on the preorder. (Yes, I was a HG:L founder.) Worst...move...ever

Southpeak's manic PR guy sent us news of Gamestop's preorder bonus for Two Worlds II. You'll get a sword called Luciendar and a new dungeon called the Labyrinth. There's footage of the dungeon here and a snip from their press release:
More information.

Just so we're absolutely clear here: everything shown in that video, the quest names, the series of labyrinths, the map layout, etc. etc. is already a standard part of the EU version of Two Worlds 2. You can easily check that with a walkthrough:

http://guides.gamepressure.com/twoworldsii/guide.asp?ID=10098 for the quest name and quest giver,

http://guides.gamepressure.com/twoworldsii/guide.asp?ID=10240 (bottom pic) for the labyrinth map.

If this is indeed "Gamestop exclusive content" then the US version has been trimmed down from the EU version.

If the codes work the same way the codes for the EU version work then they will not be one use codes. It'll be the same code for everybody so once one person gets the code for the Labyrinth they can post it online for all to have. Hopefully.

If they really did remove something like this that is truly crappy.

Oh, by the way that GoGamer sale of the EU (un-trimmed) version of Two Worlds 2 is still going for a few more hours (unless they've sold out which I doubt). $29.90 and you get that content without using a damn code.

If it's true that the dungeon was cut from the original release just to use as pre-order bait, then I'll have no problem with simply torrenting it. (The dungeon, not the game)

So the game release is just around the corner. finally

I preordered 4 months ago. I wonder if Gamestop is gonna give me any problems????

Just so we're absolutely clear here: everything shown in that video, the quest names, the series of labyrinths, the map layout, etc. etc. is already a standard part of the EU version of Two Worlds 2. You can easily check that with a walkthrough:

http://guides.gamepressure.com/twoworldsii/guide.asp?ID=10098 for the quest name and quest giver,

http://guides.gamepressure.com/twoworldsii/guide.asp?ID=10240 (bottom pic) for the labyrinth map.

If this is indeed "Gamestop exclusive content" then the US version has been trimmed down from the EU version.

Well, I'm happy to quote the full email we received and you can judge for yourselves; I find his emails hard to swallow, so I paraphrased but the newsbit is accurate to what they sent us.

On a side note, I maintain the game is mediocre at best so those of you with who have build up incredible anticipation - be careful of disappointment. Plenty of people disagree with me, of course.

wait a sec!

this dungeon IS ingame without any preorder code or Special edition version.

but if you type in the code, you get A MAP to get throug the dungeon,wich would be kinda impossible without the map

ps.:

i found this a while ago

Dragonarmor 4149308398236545
Elexorien 3542327483506064
Labyrinthmap 6972576076858477
Axe 1775362332981928
Hammer 6231189043455988
Bonusquest 0606785201505058

:blush:
On a side note, I maintain the game is mediocre at best so those of you with who have build up incredible anticipation - be careful of disappointment. Plenty of people disagree with me, of course.

Your lack of enthusiasm does not concern me. IIRC, I loved 2 Worlds and you didn't. Don't get me wrong I appreciation your words of caution but it's far easier to please my RPG taste . I guess I'm just an RPG slut. :blush:

its called capitalism, and its simply a matter of inticing people in different ways. true its frustrating when we have the knowledge of different editions in different countries but an argument could be made that some of these european gamers have to beta test the game first and then in the us we get a more polished game.

if you go to a resturant and bitch that someone you know just payed $10 less for their meal because it was "happy hour" will you bitch and moan despite knowing full well that the conditions of that "extra content" were stated a head of time? should you not tip or steal something because you feel ripped off?

with that in mind this game is low on my priority list so none of this really sways me either way. its easy to make the argument that stuff was cut from a game for dlc, but if the game offers far more gaming content than the average game in the case of a game like Dragon Age, (despite being irked i spent over $100 when a few months later i could have spent half that), complaing is childish since i've gotten far more than the $ to hour ratio which is a fair enough gauge to measure off of.

its called capitalism
This supposed to be an excuse?

if you go to a resturant and bitch that someone you know just payed $10 less for their meal because it was "happy hour" will you bitch and moan despite knowing full well that the conditions of that "extra content" were stated a head of time?
I won`t bitch, I`ll snigger at someone daft enough to go eat dinner at 3 pm to save 10 bucks. (read: very poor analogy)

complaing is childish since i've gotten far more than the $ to hour ratio which is a fair enough gauge to measure off of.
Childish? So we`re supposed to shut up & swallow everything that "capitalism" tries to ram down our throats? Dollar to hour ratio? WTF is that? A new way to play videogames?

but if you type in the code, you get A MAP to get throug the dungeon,wich would be kinda impossible without the map
You can use barrels for orientation iirc.

And yes, 2W2 is mediocre at best.
After tutorial island, only one area is open ended and there´s almost nothing interesting to find anyway, rest of the world is strongly corridorized, locked areas at every step, rigidly level scaled loot, dungeons are as pointless as it gets -> exploration reaches high levels of suckage.
On top of that, quest design is weak and extremely repetitive, writing and voice acting unremarkable, a lot of skills pointless, inventory abysmal, crafting rather tedious.
Positives are non level scaled enemies (due to linear progression impact of this gets largely diminished in later stages), variety of game systems to play with (boat has absolutely no use, though), good engine and solid visuals (patch solved the blur/HDR issues, right?).

I´m playing Dragon Knight Saga right now, which is a game in similar category, and it´s so much better than 2W2 it isn´t even funny.

Ok your opinion but its really more of an ARPG than a RPG and its pretty good at that
I think Dragon Age 2 will scratch more of an itch for you

I also liked the first Two Worlds. I was highly anticipating this sequel but was sorely disappointed. (I got the EU version early in the States.)

It looks good, with the motion blur turned off. I liked salvaging loot to upgrade your gear. I liked the spell-crafting system. One thing, however, quickly killed my enjoyment of the game: It's too linear.

Can you elaborate? I'm really curious why you feel this way. Everything I've read and seen about the game seems to indicate a very well made RPG.

Back
Top Bottom