Warmachine: Tactics - Turn-Based Tactical Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A few of you asked for coverage for a new kickstarter called Warmachine: Tactics. The project is already funded with ten days to go. It's described as a turn-based tactical combat game set in the steam-powered world of the Warmachine tabletop game.

So if your in need of more turn based games give it a look.

Imagine wading into battle with a squad of skilled warriors at your command, a cadre of ten-ton robots that obey your every thought, and the power of a thunderstorm in the palm of your hand.

That’s what we want you to experience in WARMACHINE: Tactics, the turn-based tactics game that, with your help, will bring the award-winning WARMACHINE miniatures game from the tabletop to your desktop PC or Mac.

Privateer Press Interactive and video game developer WhiteMoon Dreams have joined forces to bring WARMACHINE to life. Inspired by the predecessors of this hallowed genre like Valkyria Chronicles, Final Fantasy Tactics, and the X-COM franchise, WARMACHINE: Tactics seeks to break new ground for turn-based tactics games by delivering a never-before-seen level of dynamic battlefield combat.
More information.

That looks cool, thanks for the heads up Mr. Potato.

Might skip pledging though, they already got double what they asked for and 10 days left. And I have pledged to too many games already, time for some of them to come out :p

I definitely like the look of this, but the primary focus on multi-player makes it a non-support for me.

I definitely like the look of this, but the primary focus on multi-player makes it a non-support for me.

It sounds like they're committed to having a strong single-player campaign as well. They talk about the campaign starting at 1:48 in the video.

It sounds like they're committed to having a strong single-player campaign as well. They talk about the campaign starting at 1:48 in the video.

Not my style at all but seems attractive nonetheless.

+1
They'll concentrate mostly on that part and I'm also not supporting it.

I'm not buying it. Single player isn't even mentioned in the text of their Kickstarter , except an extra mission as a stretch goal. Star Citizen made a much bigger deal out of their single player, and I pledged that one. Reading their updates since funding, their focus clearly isn't on single player. And the same appears true of Richard Garriott's quasi-MMO.

I'm just not going to buy it this time, unless you guys tell me post release that the single player kicks ass and whatnot.

cool to see this guy start out with a tabletop game he realized way back when, now come to life in a game. I hope it isn't a mess.

I'll give it a shot, even tho I'm a total Warhammer fanboy. Hot ironclad women commanding their cadre of hulking Robots is a good thing. It's encouraging that theyre starting in SP first.

Back
Top Bottom