Fallout: New Vegas - The Best Mods @ LazyAssGamer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The LazyAssGamer sent us a submission but there was no link, so I'm going to assume it was their three-part series on Fallout: New Vegas mods - for example:
Fellout
This mods main features are a change to the world to make it seem harsher and, my particular favorite part of this mod, makes the night MUCH darker and almost stops night travel unless you take the correct perks or find some other way to see. I suggest downloading the optional fix for the friend of the night perk included with this mod or the perk will be basically useless, activate it after the main part. If you wish to use the dlc addons activate them after the main part and place them after it in the list. If using this with Nevada Skies activate this after Nevada Skies and place it after NS in the list.
More information.

There are some good mods here, thanks for the list. :)

Though the idea he doesn't even mention Willow is pretty shocking. Willow is one of the best Companion mods ever made, period. Nothing comes close. It's professional quality and as good if not better than any NPC (not just companions, original game NPCs) in the original Fallout 3.

He could at least say, "I don't use companions BUT if you do, Willow is so popular and well done it has more votes than almost ANY other mod in such a short time. Not to mention compared to other companion mods."

I don't see how this is anything more than some random dude's personal mod picks, we have a thread with those here.

No mention of the best New Vegas mods (IMHO):

Arwen's Realism Tweaks
CONELRAD radio station
NV Interiors
Companion Share & Recruit
Ammo Schematics
Satchels n' Stuff
Weapon Mods Expanded
DEIMOS, New Vegas Bounties

So-so list imo.. I prefer URWLNV over Fellout, and Project Reality over Nevada Skies.

He's also wrong saying Fellout is supposed to make the game look more "harsh", it's the opposite, it removes the dusty brown/orange look which makes the world more harsh and dirty looking.

I don't see how this is anything more than some random dude's personal mod picks, we have a thread with those here.

You know if nobody ever submits news that states someone's opinion, there'd never be a single news item ever again, don't you? Everything is someone's opinion, even 90% of accepted fact is really just a consensus opinion.

While I kinda agree that many of the "news" sources are questionable, do we have so many posts and so much traffic that we should only post the top 10/50/100 sites? The site seems to be slowing down post-wise as it is, let's not criticize when Dhruin and others give us something to hash over.

Back
Top Bottom