Mass Effect 2 - Teaser Trailer @ Gametrailers

Finally, a teaser trailer that actually teased. Seems the story might be very interesting - if Shepard is believed to be dead (and obviously makes a comeback), might we be playing someone else in the meantime? Or perhaps we're always playing Shepard, but while undercover or something similar. Or maybe we never play Shepard at all, and he's an NPC in the game (a very powerful one).

From the video it did seem like the player was controlling Shepard though, so unless told otherwise by BW, I will assume Shepard is the main character of ME2 as well, though it will be interesting to see how they're going to "reset" him/her - there's no way we get to play a level 60 Shepard, as the level of power Shepard reaches by level 60 is simply redicilous (especially the amount of crowd control it is possible to get - there's no way to "scale" enemies to be difficult either, since they're usually just floating around in the air when they're fighting a high level biotic).

Yep, that's the question that remains: how will Shepard lose his powers? Because we just know that's coming...

By the way, was that Tali'Zorah there?

He will be baried under rocks for awhile and his equipment will be broken and his skills will have atrophied and he will have to mostly start over.

EDIT: Oops my mistake that was Gothic 2.

Errrr, why would we even think Shephard is dead?

Anyway, game looks good. Again.

Well, since they let you carry your character over from the first one, it was pretty obvious he wouldn't be dead, or is that just me? :)

Well, we don't know for sure you get to carry your character over. You get to carry the save, which might just be used to figure out what decisions you made and/or what Shepard looks like, without actually playing him/her. We'll have to see.

Well, we don't know for sure you get to carry your character over. You get to carry the save, which might just be used to figure out what decisions you made and/or what Shepard looks like, without actually playing him/her. We'll have to see.

That would be disappointing - especially since I'm replaying ME right now, because I intend to get my character to 60 and do all the achievement stuff. Getting to take this character into ME2 is basically the entire incentive for me to replay, so I'd be miffed if they don't use this opportunity to enhance replayability of their first game.

Well, after being rather disappointed with the Dragon Age trailer, this one actually manages to raise my interest in ME2.

Don't care too much who will be the PC character, though -- probably because I finished ME several months ago.

Back
Top Bottom