Mass Effect - Movie Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I don't normally cover this stuff too much but it's a fairly quiet day. An update on the Mass Effect movie from the official site:
The much anticipated Mass Effect movie was the topic of conversation during a Legendary Pictures panel at Comic Con. Sitting on the panel was scriptwriter Mark Protosevich and Mass Effect series executive producer Casey Hudson.
During the panel, the studio revealed that the film will be a completely new story and will be focusing on the Male Shepard as the main protagonist. There is no word on whether the movie will turn into a trilogy at this point and casting has not been decided.
More information.

now i'm sad they are going to make a new story :(
if they used the original story and do everything properly and spend as much budget as possible then it could be one of the greatest movies ever made but this changing doesn't feel any good to me

In other words, it's going to be a science fiction movie of some kind with really nothing to do with Mass Effect, but they'll use the words "Mass Effect" in the title in hopes of selling more tickets.

I don't know if its good thing or bad thing. If they did "follow" the games story then there will be those who complain how they ruined it etc.

I will be happy if the movie sticks to consistent universe as the game and refers to the events that happens in the game.

Could be good. The ME universe is quite interesting, definitely one of the strong points of ME.

I still think it'll end up like the Warcraft movie though - on hold for an unknown amount of time.

I will be happy if the movie sticks to consistent universe as the game and refers to the events that happens in the game.

Exactly. I'm curious to see how they put the different races in the movie with special effects, etc. So of course it will have something to do with Mass Effect. The game is more than just a plot.

It's already a movie :)

Smartass. :)

I find the idea of making a scripted movie on a RPG character to be a horrible idea.

The whole point with a rpg is that you are your character and you make your characters story. Movie Shepherd will be the producers Shepherd. People will feel that Shepherd do not match their Shepherd and hate it because of it. This is really how a movies success is killed with it's own premise.

A movie set in the Mass Effect universe using a sidestory, another character, and tell some kind of story which a watcher can grasp and relate with have a much greater chance to succeed.

This is too much "let's make a movie of the game" and very little "let's make a good movie".

if they used the original story and do everything properly and spend as much budget as possible then it could be one of the greatest movies ever made
Greatest movies ever made:

5. Andrey Rublyov
4. The Gold Rush
3. The Battleship Potemkin
2. Citizen Kane
1. Mass Effect: The Movie

(No objections on movies #5 to #2 please: I selected them almost at random… After all it's always #1 that really matters :))

Bah give it to Uwe Boll and have done with it.

I love the idea of the movie but they'll muck it up like every other video game movie. Except maybe Dead or Alive .. although the story and acting were weak it did have Holly Valance in it ....

Hmmm on second thought put Holly Valance in the Mass Effect Movie!

they should just leave the story and atmosphere/music COMPLETELY to bioware and anything else on the movie studio.
otherwise it will be just another failed game movie and this is mass effect for god sake not some random game they shouldn't tinker with it, just leave it to bioware people for everything's sake.

I love the idea of the movie but they'll muck it up like every other video game movie. Except maybe Dead or Alive .. although the story and acting were weak it did have Holly Valance in it …

I thought Silent Hill and the first Resident Evil movie were tolerable, but yeah.. the vast majority of films based on video games have ranged from mediocre to downright embarrassing.

Btw: Dead or Alive was terrible. Even Jaime Pressly couldn't save that movie. ;)

Btw: Dead or Alive was terrible. Even Jaime Pressly couldn't save that movie. ;)

Apparently there was a story and everything didn't really notice it myself ..... just holly Valance ... in a bikini ... playing beach Volleyball .... BEST MOVE EVA !!!! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom