Drakensang Ergo's Fixpack [MOD]

I did for myself. To FIX things that weren't good.

I spent dozens of hours to testing the game, studying the database and writing scripts. And as a return I got comments about how it doesn't do this and it doesn't do that. And as a sugar on top, somebody starts complaining about the freaking NAME.

PS. That last version has a bug in the script that might cause "nebula assertion" crash...

I did for myself. To FIX things that weren't good.

I spent dozens of hours to testing the game, studying the database and writing scripts. And as a return I got comments about how it doesn't do this and it doesn't do that. And as a sugar on top, somebody starts complaining about the freaking NAME.
All normal reactions. You offer them a finger, they want the whole hand. ;)

Reg. the name ... what did you expect? If you name it "fix..." you imply that something is broken. It's no surprise that a couple of players disagree and question this.

And finally you always have a few players who believe developers have visions. They would like to see actual bugfixes clearly separated from content or balancing changes.

As promised the rapidshare link if you still want the file. I can't believe I have to do this because of some comments. *NEW VERSION OUT A FEW POSTS DOWN*

Dude, if you're going to mod and allow people to download it then get ready for feedback. Hell you asked for feedback over at DTP. Whether you take that feedback or not is up to you.

*Snip*

Whatever, there it is. I still like Ergo's mod and haven't had any problems with it at all. I restarted my whole game twice because of different versions being released in quick succession, but I had no complaints starting over and would do it again if need be. Although I do need a little break from this game right now.

On a sidenote, I've only used rapidshare a few times and it says that it can only be downloaded 10 times. I don't know if that means 10 times a day or 10 times total. If it gets deleted after 10 times then I'll just post it up again.

Last edited:
I clearly don't want to belittle your work. Your doing a good job and I think it's great what you have done so far. Kudos for that and I hope you won't be discourage by that name discussion.

But I have to admit, that I would also expect something else when I read the name fix pack. From what I've learned about modding and players using mods, there are many people who like to see fixes seperate from new content, or at least an option to decide what exactly gots implemented.

No accusation, I don't want to argue with you. Just my 2 cent. Don't stop modding. :)

BTW: I could offer hosting, if you need someone.

New version out, v1.62. Download here.

Main Features:
+ Localization fixes (translation)
+ Special abilities fixed (according to desc.) and xp costs adjusted to follow the prices.
+ New equipments
+ Alterations to existing items (to add more variation)
+ Faster but harder treat wounds and -poisons
+ Little bit harder gameplay
+ Better dodge and crossbow bolts
+ Better Special Dark -beer, yummy!
+ Specialized mages
+ Much darker dungeons
+ Tougher fights!
+ Faster XP gain
+ Faster gameplay (faster running speed for everyone!)
...And lot of other things, see the changelog. (readme.txt)

PS. If you have problem with the name of the mod, as some people seem to have, get familiar with "RENAME" in Windows Command Prompt. ;)

So I'm curious, was there an actual bug in it or were you just pissed? I never encountered it, but I stopped playing shortly after you posted that. I couldn't handle redoing Ferdock three times in a row all in a few weeks time.

Both, I got pissed off but I also found a bug that might cause crash.

Hi! when I try to install your fixpack (mod), this is what happens:

1)
SQL error near line 1: Database is locked
SQL error near line 2: Database is locked
SQL error near line 3: Database is locked
[...]
SQL error near line 438: Database is locked

2)
It updates these two files:

Locale.db4
Game.db4

3)
It copies about 9 icons.

4)
Installation is succesfull.

Is the mod installed correctly now? Those 438 errors worries me ^^

Hi! when I try to install your fixpack (mod), this is what happens:

1)
SQL error near line 1: Database is locked
SQL error near line 2: Database is locked
SQL error near line 3: Database is locked
[...]
SQL error near line 438: Database is locked

2)
It updates these two files:

Locale.db4
Game.db4

3)
It copies about 9 icons.

4)
Installation is succesfull.

Is the mod installed correctly now? Those 438 errors worries me ^^

alright I think is alright now. It was because I had the game active in the background while installing :/

Ergo's Fixpack v1.70

Changelog
v1.7
- Higher maximum values for attributes, including PCs (+1)
- Heavy Iryan Leather Greaves matching to Iryan Armor (by Damar Stiehl)
- Fixed loot table (by Qendivardo) from german patch.
- Summons balanced! (*10)
- Added new game icon for shortcut
- Script cleaning and minor bug fixes

Check the readme.txt for FULL changelog and more specific info about the changes.

Download

I also changed the #1 post to contain the full changelog.

Last edited:
Thanks for this work ... loads of drama in the thread, though ...

Your Fixpak ver1.07

I'm a newbie at this. I'm trying without success to get the fixpak to work in Steam's English version. I've downloaded SQLite but don't know how to get it to open the appropriate file you recommend modding in your readme.
Regards, Nigel

Just updated the fixpack to version 1.72. One critical bug fixed, code cleaning and french translation.

I'd still like to hear feedback. And if possible, some nice guy would do german translation.

I loaded it again and started fresh. I'm up to Ferdok and just found the cultist killing the dragonslayers. Everything works great. The changes you made are still working fine. All the added content is still showing up at the merchants. The time it takes to search for herbs and animal parts still works great. I'm not sure about the bugs that you fixed. I never encountered those, but if I do I'll let you know.

I loaded it again and started fresh. I'm up to Ferdok and just found the cultist killing the dragonslayers. Everything works great. The changes you made are still working fine. All the added content is still showing up at the merchants. The time it takes to search for herbs and animal parts still works great. I'm not sure about the bugs that you fixed. I never encountered those, but if I do I'll let you know.

Great.

I'm still eager for more feedback though. ;) Especially suggestions for future updates.

I loaded fixpack 1.72 and started a new game. I never installed any of the previous versions of the fixpack. I like a lot of the changes that were made, but there seem to be a few problems:
- the program crashes periodically when using the new Light of Praios with an error message that the animation doesn't exist
- all of the new weapons and armor show up in Praios' Square armor/weapon merchants except the Witch Robe and the Druid staff. Is there something special I need to do to see these?
- the NPCs all run much faster than I do. Is this correct?
- the talent bonuses from some items like picklocks and the shield modifiers shown when I right click them are different than the ones shown in tables 1 and 3 of the readme file. I assume you changed them or the values I see include some additional factors.

The only suggestion I have for possible change is to have the stave be a primary weapon (+2) for the battlemage. There are no Archetypes that currently have this as a primary weapon. Maxes and axes could possibly be a (+1) specialization,

Thanks for all your work on this.

Kelwyn

- the program crashes periodically when using the new Light of Praios with an error message that the animation doesn't exist
Weird, I thought I fix this bug already for v1.72. Have to double check that!

- all of the new weapons and armor show up in Praios' Square armor/weapon merchants except the Witch Robe and the Druid staff. Is there something special I need to do to see these?

Edit: Uploaded new version, which should fix some of those issues. Sorry for inconvience.
Witch Robe and Druid staff can be got from the "magic" shop at the Praios' Square magistra etc. at Ferdok. There is also a new dagger, that you will got from the quest in castle ruins.

- the NPCs all run much faster than I do. Is this correct?
Are you sure? Some of the PCs like Dranor has faster running speed, but generally they should have same running speed.

- the talent bonuses from some items like picklocks and the shield modifiers shown when I right click them are different than the ones shown in tables 1 and 3 of the readme file. I assume you changed them or the values I see include some additional factors.
Have to check that.

The only suggestion I have for possible change is to have the stave be a primary weapon (+2) for the battlemage. There are no Archetypes that currently have this as a primary weapon. Maxes and axes could possibly be a (+1) specialization,
Sounds good to me.

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to see what I can do about the bugs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom