BioWare - Wikia Giveaway

I know we have a lot of Europeans around here, so I'll just point this out: It's for US residents only.

Edit: Toltec beat me to it.

*looks at the bottle with Ferdok beer won at the last RPC in Germany*

Not only US-only, but you must have made at least "one QUALITY edit" on a relevant wikia for a BioWare game in order to be eligible. That sets the barrier of entry too "more-trouble-than-it's-worth" for me.

Edit to say: sorry, my reply reads more snarky than I intended. Just saying that I'd be hard pressed to go make a "quality" edit on one of their wikis just in order to enter a randomly selected drawing. If the quality of my edit had any bearing on my chances of winning, then I'd consider it.

Hmmm ... still kind of snarky aren't I?

Not only US-only, but you must have made at least "one QUALITY edit" on a relevant wikia for a BioWare game in order to be eligible. That sets the barrier of entry too "more-trouble-than-it's-worth" for me.

Edit to say: sorry, my reply reads more snarky than I intended. Just saying that I'd be hard pressed to go make a "quality" edit on one of their wikis just in order to enter a randomly selected drawing. If the quality of my edit had any bearing on my chances of winning, then I'd consider it.

Well, the purpose of the contest is first and foremost to reward the hard-working contributors at our wikis. Of course anyone can become one. :) And the quality of edits does have a bearing on one's chance of winning - we disqualify users with bad edit, or minor edits like changing a word or two.

I'm sure there are plenty of Canadians cursing the name of BioWare and EA.

While some of the prizes are provided by BioWare, the contest itself is organized by Wikia, which is US-based. Anyway, I'd love for the contest to be international myself as well, but alas, a US-only one is better than none.

It's why we Americans are so demon-strative :) To Booboo, we're as similar to Canada as you are to Egypt :D

Well, the purpose of the contest is first and foremost to reward the hard-working contributors at our wikis. Of course anyone can become one. :) And the quality of edits does have a bearing on one's chance of winning - we disqualify users with bad edit, or minor edits like changing a word or two.

While some of the prizes are provided by BioWare, the contest itself is organized by Wikia, which is US-based. Anyway, I'd love for the contest to be international myself as well, but alas, a US-only one is better than none.

Sigh ... mum always said my snark would get me in trouble. I'm not trying to badmouth the contest - I'm REALLY not, I swear it! The central lesson from all this is simply to learn what a lazy ass I am. It is also to demonstrate that I understand that the current and long-time participants on the wikis are far more deserving of any prize than me if I were to swoop in and provide some brilliant editorial content in one of the wiki posts that would surely blow away any and all competition ... damn me and my snark!

Back
Top Bottom