Fable 3 - System Reqs

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I can't remember if we've posted the system requirements for Fable 3 before but, if not, here they are courtesy of IGN:
The minimum requirements are:

• Operating System: XP 32 SP3, Vista 32/64 , Win 7 32/64
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz or AMD Athlon X2 4000+
  • Memory: 2GB
  • Hard Drive Space: 12 GB of free space
  • Graphics Hardware: NVidia 7600GT or ATI HD 2600 Pro
  • DirectX: 9.0c onward
  • Network: Internet or LAN connection required for multiplayer
The recommended system requirements are:

• Operating System: Win 7
  • CPU: Intel Pentium 2.9Ghz Core 2 Duo or higher
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Hard Drive Space: 12 GB of free space
  • Graphics Hardware: Nvidia 260GTX 896MB or ATI 5770 1GB or higher
  • DirectX: 9.0c onward
Network: Internet or LAN connection required for multiplayer
More information.

How can a console game need requirements this high. I don't get it.

Either because A) they added a lot of graphical effects, or B) because they didn't bother optimizing the game what-so-ever.

I bet B.

Actually the minimum requirements are lower then the specs of the Xbox 360 and I don't even believe their recommended specs and that is more like way beyond recommended.

I don't consider the recommended reqs that high. A top of the line system from 3 years ago should be able to handle it.

My point is, that a high end system from 3 years ago, still blows an X-Box 360 out of the water. It's not a big deal. It's just that the recommended specs. seem a little ridiculous. Some of that hardware is 3 or 4 times as powerful as a X-Box.

Gee, maybe I can put a down payment on a Cray Super Computer and commission MS to write an operating system to run the game. What BS.

Does anyone really care though? Seriously, how many people here are actually going to play this game?

It's being released on the same day as The Witcher 2. Uh…yeah, good luck with that.

Does anyone really care though? Seriously, how many people here are actually going to play this game?

It's being released on the same day as The Witcher 2. Uh…yeah, good luck with that.

Yeah I seem to remember it was supposed to come out at the same time as the 360 release. Remember Microsoft cares about pc gaming. here watch this video for what Microsoft wants to make the pc play like in the future with there new os.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBPYdgy35KA&feature=player_embedded

I certainly won't be playing it the week of May 17th but I will play it eventually. I liked the original, despite how simple it was.

I finished the first Fable, despite finding it forgettable. I kept thinking it was sort of like Gothic, except without most of the things that made Gothic good.

The only contact I'll have with Fable III will be pushing it out of the way as I grab a copy of TW2. :)

I'll probably buy it at some point, the two previous ones were decent fun for a while. As far as I know, there aren't too many games being released this summer.

Not me, witcher 2 is for me alot higher on the to play list.

My point is, that a high end system from 3 years ago, still blows an X-Box 360 out of the water. It's not a big deal. It's just that the recommended specs. seem a little ridiculous. Some of that hardware is 3 or 4 times as powerful as a X-Box.

Well, I don't know about that. They still only recommend a dual-core processor, which is pretty low spec these days. The XBox360 has 3 dual-core processors and the PS3 has 1 dual-core processor plus 7 SPUs.

The added memory requirements is due to the Windows operating system (especially Win7 64bit).

The recommended graphics card is faster than what is in the consoles (which matches their minimum specs pretty well), but since the PC version will be running at a higher resolution than 720p that also makes very much sense.

Overall I think the specs are reasonable.

The minimum requirements, compared to The Witcher 2 or Arcania: The Gothic Tale are pretty low.
I'm still pretty shocked that the absolutely minimum for The Witcher is Geforce 8800.
The card which I have for some time, and never had any problems so far, running any game with decent fps .

You took the words from my mouth. :)

Fable III was on my "to buy" list when PC version was supposed to have been released at the same time as console ones. Thankfully, since than, I have seen reviews of console version and will not bother with it even if it was given away for free...

Back
Top Bottom