Skyrim - One Hour With Skyrim Finally Made Me a True Believer

main problem in torment imo was the casters. cast spell, wait for animation, wait for spell to hit.. just too slow while the rest of the combat is _extremely_ fast paced.. The enemies would already kick your, or the casters ass, before even finishing casting, useless most of the time.

the combat was either way too easy or a chaotic mess which sometimes made the combat difficult. I like combat with multiple characters if its tactical, e.g i can place casters in the back, a tank in the front, in Planescape that wasnt really possible, it just turns into a big mess.

@vurt: pretty much all the Infinity Engine DnD type games had slow spell casting…playing a mage was challenging because of that. But very doable if you were careful and used meat shields …I mean fighters to safeguard your most precious self ;-) Mages used to be absolutely devastating - so they had to be counterbalanced by something (low hp, protective buffs and slow spells). I'm busy replaying BG (done!) + BG2 as a mage and I originally played PS:T as a (mostly) mage character. I think I found it OK because I was very familiar with AD&D rules and knew what to expect. If you had never played a game with those mechanics, then I suspect it would be quite hard.

Like most here, I like some challenge, but I get frustrated if I keep on dying. These days my tolerance is lower - I don't have time to spend hours re-doing a single
combat. That's why I hate being denied a save game at any point - bloody macho crap.

If it is easy then why am I playing a game instead of reading a good novel?
There are countless novels that are far more difficult than any game you can mention. Just because you see the words and are aware of their individual meaning doesn't mean that you can comprehend their messages - and it might take you years to acquire the level of education and experience required to be able to do so, or you may never be.

You can of course read easy novels, that's true… but why do so instead of playing a game? (or paint a miniature or play a game of pool or go jet skiing etc. ;))

Holeraw, that was so funny that cheese came out of my nose. :p

Back
Top Bottom