Dragon Age: Inquisition - PAX Prime Video Showing Gameplay

aries100

SasqWatch
In this DA: Inquisiton event from Pax Prime 2013, you'll hear make Laidlaw say corrugation one or two times. You also get to see gameplay from Dragon Age: Inquisition. Mike Laidlaw also comments on the dialogue wheel:

Whenever you're making a choice that has a direct action...that the paraphrase is abselutely clear.
You can turn this feature on and off.

At about 4.45 minute in the video Bioware shows a decision made by the Inquisitor that will and do have a consquence later, not only it seemns storywise, but also on how your companions feel about you. At about 7:00 minutes in the video, the Inquisitor enters a cave. He is a hurry, so he has no time to stop and enjoy the cave.

Mike Laidlaw at 9.50 minutes in the video confirms:

"...after a fight your health does not automatically revover. Once you've received your wounds, they stick around for quite some time. Until your return to your home or rested at camp...."
At about 12:50 Mark Darrak talks about how the consequences for your actions do have Impliactations:

"content will be unlocked, you'll get acces to things you wouldn't otherwise get."

More information.

Couple of typos in the news post.

abselutely should be absolutely
revover should be recover
Impliactations should be implications
acces should be access

Nice info, by the way!

Some more videos surface, BSN is keeping track in this thread.

You can see the tactical view in this one at about 4:20.

Last edited:
Interesting that Dragon Age is moving away from auto-heal, while The Witcher is moving towards it :p

@ DR A: Thank your feedback. I'm not a native English speaker, so any help is welcome :)

I've corrected most of the errors, However, Laidlaw absolutely says 'abselutely' as I hear it...

----

On to other things:

andar91 at the BSN posted a link to Simone De Rochefort's thread at youtube showing part two and part three of the Pax Prime video demonstration.

Part Two of the Pax Prime demo is about the same as the first video I posted. But at about 5:30 minutes in, it shows some different game footage (pre-alpha).

Part Three of the Pax Prime demo shows the Inquisitor going to the Western Approach.

edit: I think this is the same videoes as Azarhal points to?
Thanks Azarhal :)

This is really looking good..... Don't fuck it up BioWare, please don't fuck it up....

I must confess I am satisfied so far. Story and characters remain to be judged, but the game looks great.

Video looks good although I must say the crowd seems rather infantile, cheering at every single thing :| I get it, passionate fans and all that. But its rather annoying when people ooh and ahhh over mundane things that are mentioned.

Some concerns:

Enemy AI looks absolutely idiotic. Melee attackers tend to start swinging in the general direction of the player then go through the entire animation sequence regardless of where the player is.

Water effects. The rain looks more like a overlay than actually affecting the world around you. For example, the surface of the lake is not disturbed by the rain. Which also brings me to another point. Water surfaces look far too viscous like thick oil. Ripples also sometimes seem to occur in random directions and for no apparent reason.

Combat seems a bit too "arcadey" at times.

Camera FOV seems a bit off, almost like a mild fish-eye effect. Might be the angle of the recording but the feet seem slightly out proportion to the body especially in motion.

Despite all this, I am looking forward this title. Looks like Witcher 3 and DA:I are gonna fight it out next year :)

Back
Top Bottom