Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale - Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Atari has announced a new D&D game, this time a downloadable, cross-platform, 4 way co-op, action/RPG. Here's the official press release they sent over:
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS TO MAKE CROSS PLATFORM CONSOLE GAME DEBUT WITH DUNGEONS & DRAGONS DAGGERDALE
Next Chapter of Celebrated Franchise to Conquer Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360, PlayStation®Network, and Windows PC Download in 2011

London, United Kingdom — December 22, 2010 — The Forgotten Realms are under attack by the evil Zhentarim, as the next generation of the most popular fantasy role-playing game launches another thrilling interactive adventure. Atari, one of the world’s most recognised publishers and producers of interactive entertainment and Bedlam Games announced today Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale. Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale marks the first digital download release for the franchise on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®Network, and Windows PC Download at Atari.com in Spring 2011.

Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale centers on the desperate struggle to defeat the evil Rezlus and his Zhentarim in their attempt to invade and conquer the Dalelands. Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale is an engaging multi-player experience that introduces a riveting narrative and treacherous new characters. Players are charged with the task of restoring order to Nentir Vale by unlocking the secrets of the Mines of Tethyamar, defeating the evil within the treacherous Tower of the Void, leading to the final confrontation with Rezlus himself.

Action-packed RPG gameplay allows for solo and co-op play for up to four players. Gamers use intuitive pick-up-and-play combat combined with a wide assortment of weapons, feats and powers to defeat a wide range of deadly enemies. Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale boasts an array of stunning levels and exploration opportunities set in the richly detailed environments.

“The Dungeons & Dragons franchise remains a priority for Atari as we continue to build upon the ever-evolving narrative with Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale” says Jim Wilson, President and CEO of Atari, Inc. “As the first D&D cross-platform digital download title we look forward to expanding the franchise to a growing gaming audience.”

“Wizards of the Coast is excited to offer another great Dungeons & Dragons play experience,” said Liz Schuh, Brand Director at Wizards of the Coast. “This exhilarating game will be a thrill for both current fans of the brand and new players alike.”

For more information, please log onto www.atari.com.
Watch the trailer at Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
More information.

Sounds like a competion between them and that new Neverwinter game announced a while ago-online,multiplayer,co-op.

Gamers use intuitive pick-up-and-play combat combined with a wide assortment of weapons, feats and powers to defeat a wide range of deadly enemies.

Pick-up-and-play? I sense the start of a turn-base debate

The fact that it offers solo play too at least makes it moderately interesting. I'm looking forward to more details.

Its crazy Atari owns the right to the most advanced Combat Rules Set in gaming and they wont even use it ... Why??? OH WAIT ... ITS FOR XBOX that why they have the awsome buttons.

That trailer seems to show 99% pre-rendered scenes.

Party turn based, sophisticated, pauseable D+D ruleset with a million spells is not a good thing.

As always i am excited about new D&D game.

But to say : “Wizards of the Coast is excited to offer another great Dungeons & Dragons play experience,”

I guess they are excited that they didnt manage to wreathe the licence back from Atari's hands.

And probably the D&D will die on its own merit (4ed) before that happens and another (good) company inherits the licence :(

I get the feeling as if someone tries to use the (A)D&D license to get a success like Blizzard did ...

Blizzard has never had anything to do with D&D, Alrik.
I thought that at first, but I think he means they want cultural and financial success like Blizzard with WoW.

And no where does it mention which edition of the rules they are using. Probably 4th. Bleh.
Wouldn't make sense for them to use any other.

First that I have heard of it and it is coming out in about 3 months? Either they are very good at keeping secrets while working on it for a while or this is a rush job that is going to be a stinker

No telling about this really.

Still waiting on a proper 4thed game…or a Pathfinder-using one since they are apparently being largely cool about it and have an OGL dealie comparable to the one that allows for the likes of Knights of the Chalice….or I guess give it another year-3 and Incursion will be hopping along nicely.

Blizzard has never had anything to do with D&D, Alrik.

Yes, but they had Action-RPGs.

Besides, I decided to call "Dungeone & Dragons Dagger-Dale" just DDDD from now on. :biggrin:

I thought that at first, but I think he means they want cultural and financial success like Blizzard with WoW.

Yes, that and since the press text about DDDD mentions "action", I was thinking of an online-co-op game like Blizzard's Action-RPGs.

I was thinking rather about this than of an MMO.

First that I have heard of it and it is coming out in about 3 months? Either they are very good at keeping secrets while working on it for a while or this is a rush job that is going to be a stinker
It's a downloadable title, so it's going to have a shorter turn around.

Back
Top Bottom