Unrest: An Unconventional RPG Set in Ancient India

daveyd

Turn-based lifeform
I'm backing the Kickstarter campaign for this promising indie game called Unrest. I really like that it takes place in a fantasy setting different from the typical pseudo-medieval Europe. I also like that combat will be relatively rare and almost always avoidable like Planescape: Torment. And since each chapter follows a different protagonist, there are no fail states; even if you die, it will impact the rest of the game and what ending you can get. I even dig what I've heard of the soundtrack. The concept sounds great and I think the only thing they need to do is improve in game art / graphics, which is what the bulk of the funding is going towards.

bhimraconcept.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I backed this as well. Looks good, nice to have an unusual setting for an rpg.

Backed.
Looks silly, but on the other hand it's interesting and charming a bit.
And it's not planned on smartphones, yay!

Plus that Adam from the video could use some cash to see some sun… ;)

Haven't backed it yet, but I am watching the development. I wish they'd picked a different name than Unrest, everytime I see that I think someone is talking about the EQ2 server I play on, lol.

-Carn

Backed.
Looks silly, but on the other hand it's interesting and charming a bit.
And it's not planned on smartphones, yay!

Plus that Adam from the video could use some cash to see some sun… ;)

Shut da f up with your anti mobile bullshet. I personally have to sit in front of my uncomfortable desk enough to not want to play games on it or have to deal with fi ding patches, switching cds, etc. mobile and iPad gaming in particular is where its at. Nothing beats putting your ear plugs in at night while in bed with an iPad. Your oiving in a post pc world son, all thetech media seems to know and accept this by now.

Shut da f up with your anti mobile bullshet. I personally have to sit in front of my uncomfortable desk enough to not want to play games on it or have to deal with fi ding patches, switching cds, etc. mobile and iPad gaming in particular is where its at. Nothing beats putting your ear plugs in at night while in bed with an iPad. Your oiving in a post pc world son, all thetech media seems to know and accept this by now.

Jokers anti mobile BS smells like roses compared to your pro mobile or apple BS.

Really, you of all people telling someone not to post the same view point over and over again. Unbelievable.

And please for the love of god learn how to spell.

Shut da f up with your anti mobile bullshet
Yea, maybe if your slavery-in-china company pays me I could shuddup.
Nah. I'm not that cheap, sorry.

Patches you say? Bah. Not all games are Skyrim. Then again, one can't expect you to know that.
On the other hand, the whole world snickers on iphone recent OS maps. Any patch for those?

Haha, you guys do realize your a minority right? Find me one tech media article recently criticising anything about Apple? Even pcworld (which I worked at their office because they are now part of idg and work in same office in san francisco and I was the Macbook ebook editor for a while) loves apple and constantly they have articles how windows should do this or that to be more like apple. Fact is, I am no fanboy when you look at the world around you at large. In the office there I was actually like the most objective. The editor who fired me was named ajon Seth and was a total fanboy lame. Everything Apple did was right to him and everything anyone else did was wrong. He probably fired me because i wasnt a fanboy enough considering i havent done anything wrong there and did all the work.

you are one strange individual.

Do you realize that you talk in circles and repeatedly run yourself over?

Haha, you guys do realize your a minority right? Find me one tech media article recently criticising anything about Apple? Even pcworld (which I worked at their office because they are now part of idg and work in same office in san francisco and I was the Macbook ebook editor for a while) loves apple and constantly they have articles how windows should do this or that to be more like apple. Fact is, I am no fanboy when you look at the world around you at large. In the office there I was actually like the most objective. The editor who fired me was named ajon Seth and was a total fanboy lame. Everything Apple did was right to him and everything anyone else did was wrong. He probably fired me because i wasnt a fanboy enough considering i havent done anything wrong there and did all the work.

If your writing on the job was anything like what you do here, then the degree of fanboyism was not a factor in the decision to fire you, I'm afraid.

You're quite amusing for a 12-year old.

Hun, there is one thing you should understand.
This is a topic about a certain game. It's called Unrest. This is not a topic about minorities, majorities, tech media, workplaces, offices (guess that includes Microsoft Office too), etc.

Now when that's settled, and after we spammed a few offtopic posts, I'll politely ask you to continue with the pcworld topic in some other thread that's about pcworld. Also, we have "politics" subsection on the forum where we can discuss minorities of any kind.
Let's respect developers of the upcoming Unrest game and keep the thread about them and their game.

Thankye. In advance.

I still don't know if he is a bot that has has gained intelligence or a apple cult member. All he does is spout how mobile is the messiah and the way to the future.:lol:

As for the game it looks good, and I did a post on it a few weeks back.

Regarding mobile platforms: One of the backers asked about the possibility of doing a port to Android. The lead programmer said he may look into it down the line, but it will be a lot of work to port to mobile platforms so for now he's entirely focused on the PC / MAC / LINUX versions.

Anyway, Pyrodactyl posted a couple of screen shots now which give a rough idea of what the game will look like with the updated art style. Apparently they're trying to make a video which will show some alpha game footage before their Kickstarter ends.

couchpotato - I'd say definitely a member of the Cult of Apple.

I love my Iphone, but it's a product, not a lifestyle!

Last edited:
It does sound interesting, but they could have showed something more in the videos, some of them are absolute yawns.

Pyrodactyl games just released a teaser trailer which shows some in game footage:

The visuals have improved quite a bit from early screenshots / videos as they've now added in a lot of animations. There may still be some visual effects that are going to be added, but as is I think what they're doing on such a small budget is pretty impressive.

Back
Top Bottom