Torment: Tides of Numenera - Update #17, Thanks

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Kevin Saunders gives the first post funded update for Torment.
TL;DR: Thanks!, what's next, and the stronghold we didn't reach.
Hi!
All of us made history yesterday, reaching a new record for the most funded video game on Kickstarter! Thank you so much for your support, both through your pledges and through your spreading the word to others.
We had 74,405 backers on Kickstarter, raising $4,188,927. As of midmorning yesterday, we had about 2K backers and $127K through PayPal. In the last day, we reached the two major Stretch Goals at $4M and $4.25M, and also the 12th Fathom, and we’re thrilled to be able to add these aspects to Torment!...
Stronghold and the $4.5M Stretch Goal

We don’t have the final PayPal numbers yet, but we expect to be far short of the $4.5M Stretch Goal. (While Torment’s budget will be bolstered by the generous $200K total in contributions from Brian Fargo and Steve Dengler (@dracogen), these aren’t included in the Stretch Goal calculations. The Stretch Goals were set with these contributions already considered – that is, the $200K sum didn’t apply to determining whether or not we reached any given Stretch Goal. But all of it will be applied to creating a better game and help counterbalance the impact of fees and dropped pledges.)
Many backers have asked about the “Stronghold” that was at the $4.5M Stretch Goal, however. At your request and suggestion, what we’ll do is allow all PayPal contributions through the end of April to count toward determining whether or not we reached this goal. On Monday, we’ll tell you exactly how far we have left to go and through the end of the month we’ll provide more frequent updates on tumblr and Facebook about progress toward that $4.5M goal.
If we do make it by the end of April 30th, we’ll declare that final Stretch Goal achieved! In this case we would include the Stronghold, designing it to fit the flavor of Numenera and to fully support Torment’s themes and narrative.
We cannot say enough how much we appreciate your support. We are very much looking forward to creating Torment: Tides of Numenera for you. You have made this game possible.
Thank you,
Kevin Saunders
Project Lead
More information.

No there still is Baldur's Gate and a Fallout inspired classic rpg to make. There are plenty of other options also. It's limitless.;)

Troika could always come back and make sequels for their games. Also a spiritual sequel to the Bard's Tale games.

I wouldn't mind an Alpha Protocol 2 kickstarter, shame it didn't get the love it deserved on release.

I wouldn't mind an Alpha Protocol 2 kickstarter, shame it didn't get the love it deserved on release.

AP had huge potential but it had some poor design decisions imo.Mini-games where very annoying, bosses that don't allow stealth approach(I played with pure stealth/hacking character with few little skill points in pistols so this was particularly annoying),bellow average action.I would like to see AP2 and see what they learned from their mistakes but I would never back it on kickstarter.

AP had huge potential but it had some poor design decisions imo.Mini-games where very annoying, bosses that don't allow stealth approach(I played with pure stealth/hacking character with few little skill points in pistols so this was particularly annoying),bellow average action.I would like to see AP2 and see what they learned from their mistakes but I would never back it on kickstarter.

I've got a lot more love for flawed genius than for polished mediocrity myself. I think if they'd been able to do an Original Sin type kickstarter to just push it over the line at the end that would have been amazing, but i guess we'll never know :(

I've got a lot more love for flawed genius than for polished mediocrity myself.

I agreed with that.I prefer flawed gems like Arcanum,PS:T,VtM:bloodlines over mediocre product, but I find AP's writing to be decent, maybe good at some points but not great.And I think it had some serious flaws in core design.I would like to see AP 2 but I wouldn't back it on KS or preorder it.Also it's unlikely to happen because sega owns licence and they said they are not interested in in sequel.

Back
Top Bottom