NWN2 - v1.11 Preview & v1.12 Peek

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Rob McGinnis has kicked up the notes for the next NWN2 and Mask of the Betrayer patch, which they are hoping to release Monday. The whole thing is too long (and the MotB bit has potential spoilers), so here's the General section only:
Here is a quick look at some of the fixes and features in Patch 1.11. Happy reading.

Neverwinter Nights 2 - Version 1.11 Patch Notes
October 30th, 2007

Bug Fixes in 1.11

General
  • Stealth was previously not functioning properly. It is now functioning as designed.
  • Opening the Game Options window will no longer reset the camera focus of Strategy Mode.
  • The Dwarven Defender’s Defensive Stance should now function properly.
  • An exploit was fixed that allowed players to increase their CON by unequipping and re-equipping items.
  • A message will now be displayed if a character cannot equip an item due to being Frightened.
  • The “Enable Buy/Sell Confirmation” option will now properly retain its state when you exit the game.
  • Duergar are now properly ECL +1 rather than ECL +2.
Meanwhile, Rob has also posted a new Community Update with the usual coverage of community projects and news about a change to their patching policy, along with a peek at v1.12:
We have been making some changes to the way we will be handling patches moving forward. While I can't give you full details yet, I will let you in on some of the changes: We will be working on a six week schedule for each patch, starting with 1.12. This is a tighter schedule and that means that the number of fixes and features included with each patch will be reduced when compared to the average patch in the past. This, however, does mean that you should be seeing patches more often and at a more predictable rate. We are setting our goals pretty high with this new plan. We will be attempting to address some pretty important, but very risky fixes and features as well.
As part of the new plan, I hope to make our patching process more transparent. I would like to tell you much earlier what we plan to work on in the patches and keep you much more up to date as to how the patches change as we go through each phase: from production, through testing and, finally, to release. I will start this process by posting our primary goals for each patch in this blog. These lists will not be complete lists of what we plan to address as we would still like to put a few surprises in and we will still be keeping exploits a secret so as not to make PW Admins' lives more difficult. The lists will start out pretty general in nature and, as we discuss each patch internally, the lists will become more refined as we add and remove fixes and features from the goals list. Eventually, I would like to be able to post a plan for up to three patches out, so you have a general idea of where things are heading.
Head over for the v1.12 sample.
Finally, this update includes news that Rogue Dao Studios' lead Monty Markland has joined Obsidian but Purgatorio is apparently unaffected:
Well, I've been the public face of the Planescape Trilogy project for the past 15 months. I felt like it was important to let everybody know that my arrival at Obsidian doesn't threaten the completion of Purgatorio or the rest of the Trilogy at all. There are 23 incredibly talented ladies and gentleman currently working on Purgatorio, folks such as: Kevin Chow, Scott Douglas, Johnny Taylor, Courtney Keene, Ryan Placchetti, Daniel Haas, Andrej Bartulovic, Heather Kirk, Jason Ng, Michael Cipriano, Will Sprinkel, Bruce Hayles, Matthew Roeder, Sampo Narhi, Gabor Valasek, Robert Fletcher, Atte Laitenen, Marko Radojkovic, Ryan Farnsworth, Andres Cruz, Johnny Ree, and Kris Hammes. I also continue to work on the project in my own time.
More information.

I started playing NWN2/motb for the first time a few weeks ago and I get constant CTD's on area transitions so I am really looking forward to 1.12, I already waited about a year to play it so waiting a bit more won't hurt.

I am finding the OC pretty enjoyable at this stage (level 9 so far)

Back
Top Bottom