Kickstarter Section

With kickstarter hopefully here to stay i thought i would bring up the idea of a kickstarter section to help keep track of all current and future projects.
Could also be helpful in alerting people to possible scams or unlikely projects since theese are likely to happen more and more often as word of kickstarters succsess gets around.

Interesting idea. Many kickstarter projects are RPGs. Or based on stuff so old that many of us remember it well. ;)

I deliberately avoid all Kickstarter threads!! :)

Well, it looks like I might as well post the first official Kickstarter in this thread - hopefully you won't tear me to pieces if I at least provide a demo first:

Harmonia v0.0.2pre2 (Windows / Linux / Mac OSX) - Development Build
http://www.harmonia-online.net/wiki/Play

And here, of course, is the link to the Kickstarter project:

http://www.harmonia-online.net/kickstarter

Kickstarter's a cool thing, but I understand the knee-jerk reaction against them. I honestly hate advertising, and I feel a bit dirty every time I make a post and spam the Internet, but I also like the idea of being able to develop this game full time and get a small team together to make the artwork, the music, manage the forums and website, etc. It's also a really nice way to cut out the middle man and support the developers directly, which is especially cool for projects in the Arts that rely on donations or philanthropy. What I personally want out of the Kickstarter is to have just enough to stay alive while heavy development is underway. Quite a lot of the game is already done and I feel the need to finish it.

Anyway, about the demo - it connects you to the server using the old text-based interface. The new 3D interface is still a work in progress, so until the game is fully playable from there, it's rendered in the background. A 3D map viewer is available in this latest version. We're still working on compatibility and fixing a lot of bugs, which will be the focus of the next build.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Yeah, its odd thing. They are promotions so I'm not sure they can really count as news.

Since they are works in progress they remind me of the numerous remakes of old RPG's in modern engines starting with Ultima I. Some of them (two I think) actually got made. And two others ended up as entirely new games.

Anyway, they are like any software. I think its a bit of a risk with low return. That said, one of these days I'll post my board game.

I think you do a subforum under indie games. It is sort of news. But also adverts and having a sub marked as such would keep it sorted out IMHO.

Thats where I ended up looking for the kickstarter section, in Indie games.

But what would be the problem with a kickstarter section?
Is it because people would be spamming the hell out of it with their projects?

Im new to the whole deal, dont mind my clueless questioning :D
But I would really like to know why we dont have one up.

Back
Top Bottom