Pricewatch!

Indie RPGs 75% off on GOG, among which Inquisitor, Torchlight and Grimrock.

Considering picking up Inquisitor for that price...

Grabbed Inquisitor and The Real Texas. Have everything else already.

So, I have to join Void and the game is free, just have to watch a few commercials everytime I play the game and I can exchange the game for another free game also?

Sounds weird. I'm a TiVO guy.

You can always buy it (that's why JDR posted that it's currently on sale) and skip commercials.
Um... Call me ignorant, but what's TiVO?

Hehe time sure flies.
TiVO was the name for our DVR service. I guess it is just known as dvr service now. I was refering to the fact that I am use to bleeping through all the comercials. I rarely watch em any more.
I will just buy it but I had never heard of VOID service.

Snagged that one for the Thief series, though Anachronox would be fun to finish. I've alread got Deus Ex on Steam and once was plenty for Deus Ex 2 but it was cheaper to re-buy them than to leave them off the list.

Pity there aren't more steampunk games out there. Anyone else find it strange that Arcanum's not on the list? I suppose it's already pretty cheap, though.

Anyone else find it strange that Arcanum's not on the list?

That was one of the first things I thought of when I looked at the bundle. Coincidently though, I already had Arcanum on GOG, but I didn't have digital copies of any of the games in that bundle.

But yeah… you would think that Arcanum should have been included, and of course it could have been even better if GOG had the System Shock games.

Purchased the bundle plus a copy of Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy).

I imagine Arcanum will show up in an RPG-specific bundle before the holiday sale is over.

My GOG shelf has most of the classic RPGs I need, but there are a few things still on my wish list. Probably gonna wait til near the end to pick up any 50% off stuff, to see if they get discounted in a bundle before then.

But yeah… you would think that Arcanum should have been included, and of course it could have been even better if GOG had the System Shock games.
I went through the wish list on GOG and added my vote for SS2. (And No One Lives Forever, and Homeworld (sheesh, just the soundtrack alone would be worth GOG's price), and the Wizardry games....)

I don't understand why No One Lives Forever 1&2 aren't on GOG or any other digital site for that matter. I realize the System Shock games are stuck in legal limbo, but I wonder what the reason is for no digital version of NOLF.

Probably because whoever owns the rights simply doesn't want to make them available.

How is Borderlands in SP?

Is Borderlands still worth playing with BL2 out?

See deal at GetLoadedGo.

How is Borderlands in SP?
Not bad, but not really worth playing either, unless you find loot to be the main draw of Diablo the loot system (constantly upgrading your equipment through randomly generated drop). I found the game to be a bit too repetitive to be worth it in SP, not because there was anything wrong with the game, but because there are so many better games out there, but I'm not one who gets addicted to looting and upgrading equipment.
It is a lot better in MP.

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (which also includes the re-mastered Escape from Butcher's Bay) is 75% off on GoG ($3.74) and is DRM free.

Funny enough, I only played the sequal (Assault on Dark Athena), and although was linear, I found it very enjoyable and seriously 'black'.

I don't understand why No One Lives Forever 1&2 aren't on GOG or any other digital site for that matter. I realize the System Shock games are stuck in legal limbo, but I wonder what the reason is for no digital version of NOLF.

I keep wondering this. I also wonder why they won't make new NOLF games.

:(

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (which also includes the re-mastered Escape from Butcher's Bay) is 75% off on GoG ($3.74) and is DRM free.

Funny enough, I only played the sequal (Assault on Dark Athena), and although was linear, I found it very enjoyable and seriously 'black'.

I didn't play the sequel but played the original back when it was a new release, and it's up there with my favorite games. The Vin factor alone makes it good, but the game-play makes it great.

Back
Top Bottom