Age of Decadence - Art Interview @ GameBanshee

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GameBanshee's Brother None chats with The Age of Decadence lead artist Oscar about his background, role and the game:
GB: Vince is the lead and public face of Age of Decadence and as you mentioned, this was an ongoing project when you joined. How much of the art direction was set at that point? Can you give us an idea of the core art direction concepts that you're working with?

Oscar: By the time I joined, many of the models for the game were already done, setting much of the style. The textures were made by Nick, our programmer, and some occasional freelance artists. So my first task was to unify the look of the game, giving it a color scheme, a consistent texture quality, etc. But I also try to focus in “creative direction”, tying the visuals to the level design, internal consistency of the setting and situations, sounds, music, trying to convey a certain mood through all these items. When working on them, I try to convey a feeling of desolation, faded glory, hopelessness, a ruined world. The world of AoD is a bleak one, and I try to convey that through all the means at my disposition.
More information.

Not a big fan of the roman style setting but this game looks great....I just hope it gets released by 2013

Back
Top Bottom