The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Update 18 is out. Seems to me the changes of greatest impact are a couple free quests, a revamp of cosmetic armor kits, and the introduction of tomes for skills similar to the existing tomes for stats. Download isn't huge, but it's going slowly for me (probably since everyone's DL'ing it at the same time).

Pre-sale of the expansion is open. Standard and collectors versions again, $30/$50. The collectors edition includes 3 character slots and 2000TP along with a mess of other stuff. Might have to find the extra $20 somewhere this time around. Pre-purchase goes out to August, so we've apparently got some time to save our pennies.

Dte, you're getting slack in your old age; once upon a time you'd provide links to everything!! :) What level are the free quests?

There are two new quests free, one not free. They are level 15, PDK favor. I guess the third one is opened by buying the expansion pack.

I entered one briefly, but my bro came in with a new router. It had reset so I didn't feel like going through it again. New critters to kill! And a classic; lizardmen.

So far, the skill tomes seem to be limited to +3. UMD is in, but as a special tome, given the strength of UMD, that's understandable. UMD is limited to +1, at 695 points. Worthless. +3's are ML9, 495 points.

I fear that this indeed means that they're completely done with Ebberron.

From the Patch Notes :

The cosmetic armor system has been completely revamped to use a cosmetic appearance equipment slot !

SWTOR did just a similar thing a bit more than one week ago.

Appearance things seem to be a new trend in MMO gaming ? ;)

The Patch Notes can be read here : http://www.ddo.com/en/update-18-release-notes

By the way, it is unlikely that I'll log in into DDO for too long, because in SWTOR there's currently an recurring event going on (aka "the Gree Event"), and me and a few people just built a static group specifically for that Event.

Edit : On a different note : I just logged in a few times with different characters of mine - but none received the "Birthday Box". Does this mean that I should have been logged in when it was available ? No-one told me that.

I also contributed a few thousand Platinum coins at the Harbour's ship shop.

Last edited:
What's confusing me, is that there are new level 15 quests in Eveningstar, but most don't go there until well past 15. Am I missing something, because level 15 is where we need more quests?

Have a situation here that may keep me out for the session. If I am not around, you should not wait.

I finally managed to craft my first 2 Harry beaters for my level 18 (soon 19) fighter. The items are in the bank at the moment because minimum level is 20.

The stats for the 2 weapons are:
+5 holy burst silver khopesh of greater evil outsider bane

My other fighter will eventually get a Harry beater too. He's fighting with a two handed weapon.

I actually had all the ingredients needed to craft these items when I went through the bags of my other toons. I needed 400 silver flame favor to buy the mark of the silver flame for the holy burst shard. So finally I got some reward for running all the silver flame quests on elite. :)

The new Faerun quests make no sense in the least. XP is very low, worst in it's level range. Literally, an at level Hard run of Missing will account for the two, after running it on elite for streak. You have to above level to access them, as well. The only good thing is PDK favor, it'll be easier to get the key for those who lack it.

I finished one of the quests last night. It's meh. Not anything to recommend it to anyone. So poor xp, useless loot, and pointless location means I doubt it'll be much more than a 1 and done deal, and then only per life if they have to be run to flag for latter parts of the expansion.

Meanwhile I was playing yesterday, I had several problems with my graphics driver.
Either I changed the gam,e's setting to the worse, or there is an general problem with it (ATI-based Sapphire HD 7859). I hope that it's only my graphics setting change which caused this.

I've had some glitches with a new HD7850 I recently purchased as well...but I'm wondering if its more this monitor which is a 27" 2560x1440 Overclocked to 120Hz. I bought them both at same time...DnD looks real nice but there are some weird flares especially around fire which is all the time with my fire based Sorc. I even got Two Worlds to look good with this card and monitor. Have been playing that more so lately then DnD. Got it for .87 on Amazon!

Have a situation here that may keep me out for the session. If I am not around, you should not wait.
I think we run our 18's in the Vale either way. I've got another toon starting the Vale anyway and might have a good bit of time available over the weekend so I could help catch cm up if she can't make it tonight.

I've had some glitches with a new HD7850 I recently purchased as well…but I'm wondering if its more this monitor which is a 27" 2560x1440 Overclocked to 120Hz.

Mine is an … what's the word ? flat-screen ? It's an LG "Flatron" ( what a name ! ) called W2242T, 60Hz, since it is a … thingie. ;)

So, I guess that we both have similar problems now, which might be independent from out monitors, but perhaps dependent from the graphics card.

My "Catalyst Center" says that the "driver package" has the version number of "13.4", which appears to be the most recent version.

Perhaps we should send a bug ticket/message to Turbine, so that they at least learn that there is something going on.

What we could also try is opening a thread here : https://www.ddo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/55-Technical-Assistance , and then both of us post our experiences there - the more precise, the better they can look into what's going on.

Besides, I have sent an guild invite to my newest toon : Thasabadram". It seems to be a typo. He should read : "Thasabadaram", apparingly I missed an A. Now I'm seeking an rename option. :D BUt until then, I'll keep his name.

My only concern is that people might abbreviate his name simply as "bad" :lol:
And that, although he is an Favoured Soul. :lol:
(I modelled him after the "Divine Avenger" model, but distributed the points in "free form" for him. Hope that I got everything right. And yes, I did Vetaran Status I, too.)

Bad Ass, Bad Ram, what's the difference!! :)

:lol:

Now, since SWTOR's "Gree Event" is gone, I'll return to DDO a little bit more.
At least there no-one can stalk me and kill my character out of nothing.

June 1st & 2nd I'm at the RPC, though, Germany's "Role-Play Convention".

Hmmm, nothing about the interrupt bug. That's worrisome.

Back
Top Bottom