Inquisitor - GOG Pre-order

That looks awesome. I think I'm going to have to pre-order!

From the screen shots it looks party based, is that correct?

Sounds like my kind of game.
Looks a lot like divine divinity, but more bloody and gothic, which pleases me very much.

Really great hardcore unforgiving RPG with beatiful graphics. I would preorder if I did not own it already.

This was posted in the GOG forum about being party based:

"The main character can admit subsidiary characters into the party that will be willing to accompany him and to help him. That is quite important because two (eventually three or more) characters are a force to be reckoned with. After admitting a subsidiary character as a member of the party, his portrait will show up next to the portrait of the main character.
Subsidiary characters have an intelligence of their own, you can nevertheless issue them simple commands (using keyboard shortcuts) that the subsidiary characters always obey. You just have to remember that a command is always issued to the whole party; hence you can’t issue different commands to different party members."

yeah, I have it as well, being a beta tester. But I preordered it despite the dozens of bugs i've reported.. its really a breath of fresh air.

The game is hardcore, and I think a walkthrough is on the way.. well we can help you anyway, but I suggest starting on Easy mode. Easy = Normal at best.

Thief I find to be the most difficult class while Paladin is the easiest.

Looks very promising. Like someone mentioned, reminds me of DivDiv.
To the beta testers, how does it play? Does the comparison with DivDiv hold up?

An easy addition to my GoG wishlist----really want to see what kind of community can grow out of this game, hopefully somehow wrangling modding capabilities if need and inspiration duly manifest.

You just have to remember that a command is always issued to the whole party; hence you can’t issue different commands to different party members."
Meh... Never actually cared for game mechanics as long as it's fun. And the game definetly looks like fun.

The game is hardcore, and I think a walkthrough is on the way.. well we can help you anyway, but I suggest starting on Easy mode. Easy = Normal at best.

Thief I find to be the most difficult class while Paladin is the easiest.

Thanks for the input. I despise paladin class, never played it in any game and where was available as a party member (BG for example) I always kept such character out of the party. And I'll do the same here. I guess I'll start the game on easy then, hehe ;)

Almost forgot to add today's spam hit: Preordered! :)
First impression: The manual looks awsome.

Thanks for the input. I despise paladin class, never played it in any game and where was available as a party member (BG for example) I always kept such character out of the party. And I'll do the same here. I guess I'll start the game on easy then, hehe ;)

You're my polar opposite then, I pretty much always play a paladin! Agree the game looks fun, definitely buying it today.

Meh… Never actually cared for game mechanics as long as it's fun. And the game definetly looks like fun.

I'm also not too keen on paladins but in this game they seem a little different.
Whereas the inquisitor looks like a kind of "anti hero" because you're ruthlessly torturing people to get confessions, killing hundreds with no mercy and overall being a major respected and feared figure, walking without opposition, the paladin is the opposite, fighting against the inquisition's injustice and being like an "inquisitor hunter" and not only a common do-gooder.
On the other hand, the thief looks to me like a "whatever" class, taking advantage of the situations that are thrown into his life, an opportunist per se.

This is my interpretation from what I've been reading (I have not played the game).

According to some critic's quotes posted in the game's website, this looks like a real time consumer. ( Around 150 H maybe ) Wish it was released in the middle of summer holidays when RPG market ( and gaming market in general ) was as dry as the mouth of a dead man in the desert. loads of games are gonna get released in the next two months.

look alot like divine divinity. same animations, same graphics.
no preorder for me, but it does look promising !

I can't believe this game ever got released, I remember following it a looong time ago and then giving up on it ever being done.

The reports of lots of bugs worry me, so I will wait and see what the rpg watchers say after they play it and reports/reviews start coming in before I consider buying it.

Because I know the company/developer is no longer supporting the game or even in existence as far as I know, so no patches or fixes will ever be coming.

Back
Top Bottom