Links and Stuff

I put it here ...

Today I read about an exhitibion of reconstructed colourful antique statues !

Some pictures can be seen here: http://www.liebieghaus.de/lh/index.php?StoryID=51

This is very interesting, imho, because it shows that in ancient times, statues were very colourful, in stark contrast to common belief !

(I had heard of this earlier, but never seen actual reconstructions. This is most impressive to me !)

Not only statues. Also Temples.

Yes, I know. At Xanten (Colonia Ulpia Traiana), there's a nice partial reconstruction of a temple.

I put it into the "...and stuff" - section:

There's an imho not uninteresting snipped from an FAQ about Oddworld:

Why is Stranger’s Wrath Xbox exclusive?

When development of Stranger’s Wrath began, Oddworld Inhabitants were still obligated under contract to produce the next three Oddworld titles exclusively to the Microsoft Xbox. However, at this time Ed Fries left Microsoft Games and the company adopted a policy which involved abandoning all games that showed any signs of innovation, including Psychonauts and Stranger.

OWI found a publisher in EA Games, who were eager for the game to also be released on the PlayStation 2, but they miscalculated how long it would take an external developer to port the game to PS2. Either the releases would have to be staggered, or the completed Stranger’s Wrath would have to remain unreleased until the PS2 port was completed. EA wasn’t willing to do either of these, so the PlayStation port was simply dropped.

I find this hint towards MS' policy interesting.

It fits quite into what other companies were doing around that time, including LucasArts with cancelling Sam & Max.

The horror! ;)

Here's something else from gametrailers, very surrealistic. Something weird. Can't stop watching.

In short, it's a stuffed dog and a bust playing Street Fighter 2 against each other, playing the piano and singing "Scatman".

Last edited:
And now for some enlightening, confusing movie and video games numbering schemes. Contains strong language.

Chronologically Confused

I find the entire renaming business and misguided localization of titles laughable at best. And in Germany it's even worse... I suppose it's good enough for a chuckle every now and then.

... Bought the DVD of "Galaxy Quest" the other day.

German sub-title on the package: "Planlos im Weltall", meaning "Clueless In Space".

I think they tried very hard to make it clear it's just a silly movie (which I don't believe, though).

Watch Galaxy Quest in English. The German translation sucks.

Watch Galaxy Quest in English. The German translation sucks.

I already did so - at the Dark Side Con, a Starwars convention, in Münster. Several years ago. We were sitting in the huge cinema, watching the movie, and the convention guests were also there. ;)

It was a kind of weird feeling to know that some actors of the Star Wars movies were sitting several tiers behind me. (Minor actors, that is, but everyone would recall them.)

On-Topic : How to be a Troll ...

Oh my. I'm at a loss for words ...

All Hail the Techno Viking!

It's a short video from 2000 with captions showing the "only man on Earth who could kill Chuck Norris." in action. Just wait until he starts marching.

:wideeyed::anxious::uhoh: o_o O_O
He's... incredible. Poor Chuck...

Back
Top Bottom