Drakensang:RoT questbook and map are weird.

standardbearer

Traveler
Hello,
maybe there's an easy way around this, but for some reason my quest book and map seems to be quite useless.
I'm in the very first town, and I got a couple of quests - get a book for a kid in a church, hunt down some bandits with funny names, gather mushrooms, etc. None of witch shows up in my quest book. Even after I completed them. There're only the two main quests (finish your training; gather info about pirates), and that's it.

Similar deal with the map. It shows the fast travel points, the anvils, and one or two quests seemingly at random (for whatever reason the only two showing up is the "gather info on pirates", and the "collect mushrooms"). No "people" or any other thing that should be present.

Is it a bug, a design flaw or am I doing something wrong?

"Mini-quests" aree indeed not entered into the quest book, I have no idea, why.
Have you patched the game already ?

"Mini-quests" aree indeed not entered into the quest book, I have no idea, why.
Have you patched the game already ?

I guess so.
It's the english retail version, it is supposedly patched up already ( I also installed Ergo's addon pack).
It seems to be a design problem though - later in the game, almost all the quests are listed in the book. At earlier quests however, some info can be found on quest items, so I didn't get all lost. Also, I filled the map with notes, which is a great feature and made me get through the starting town. I had to play it "oldschool" so so speak, it is still a great (yet uneven) game.

Yes, that "mini-quests don't sjhow up in the book" is even so in the German-language version of the game. I wondered, too.

Back
Top Bottom