Space Rangers HD - Development Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Here's a development update for Space Rangers HD from a couple of days ago. This post announces a (surprising) simultaneous release in Russian and English and we should see it this first quarter:
We saw few comments to previous entries, where you guys were asking about how things are going. Well, we were working hard for weeks, but now we have time to share some details with you!
At the moment the game is almost done and being translated to English and other languages. We believe that this translation will be much better than previous one in Reboot.
Release version of the game will be available sometime in Q1 of 2013 simultaneously in Russian and English. You will be able to purchase the game in retail stores and through Steam as well.
Stay tuned, follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and you will never miss a thing!
More information.

I'll play this again, sure, if the price is right and something significant is being added. Have they mentioned anything about price yet?

I never bought any of those games because I didn't know what are those about.
Then someone posted here a year ago or so that it's an awsome game and so I planned to buy the reboot version (previous ones had some problems working on win7) but eventually not just reboot but all versions were removed from digital stores.

Thus, I guess I'll buy HD version as soon as it's released. :)

I agree that pricing will be critical on this one. I don't see many people paying a new game price for a graphics upgrade on a game that came out in 2004. I enjoyed it a lot though, I would be tempted to pay something that I would find unreasonable when I really thought about it.

I never bought any of those games because I didn't know what are those about.
Then someone posted here a year ago or so that it's an awsome game and so I planned to buy the reboot version (previous ones had some problems working on win7) but eventually not just reboot but all versions were removed from digital stores.

Thus, I guess I'll buy HD version as soon as it's released. :)

One of my favourite all-time games. Out of curiosity I checked and found my 2005 RPGDot review can still be found:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060903150228/http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=1189

I bought the GoG version of SR2 (non-reboot) before realizing it wasn't the best version. I think I also own it on GamersGate (in a bundle or something), but the main version I own is a boxed copy I got for 1 dollar at a "Five Below" store.

Craziness.

What I don't understand is why not make a proper sequel instead of releasing multiple versions trying to generate sales off the game. It seems like a cash grab.

I bought the GoG version of SR2 (non-reboot) before realizing it wasn't the best version. I think I also own it on GamersGate (in a bundle or something), but the main version I own is a boxed copy I got for 1 dollar at a "Five Below" store.

Craziness.

Check your GOG account. They updated plain SR2 to Reboot ages ago.

I wouldn’t call Space Rangers a ‘mix’ of trading game, space sim, RPG, RTS and text adventure – it’s probably closer to a suspension, possibly a colloid if I’m feeling generous. The top level game generates a random map each time you start a new game: a huge galaxy, full of other NPC ‘rangers’ just like you. And, much like the original STALKER promised, they can complete the game before you.

Back
Top Bottom