Elemental: War of Magic - On DRM

Dhruin

SasqWatch
PC Gamer has a grab from Brad Wardell on the DRM for Elemental, which is a subject I would have thought was already known. Anyway, he confirms they'll just be relying on the goodies in the Limited Edition:
It’ll contain a map, pewter dragon, a poster, and the Hiergemenon – the game’s encyclopedia, in book form. Brad calls it “Half D&D monster manual and half lore book.” It’s got maps and artwork, race profiles, short stories, and a detailed breakdown of the game’s universe.
More information.

I wonder of the contents of this limited edition will be so world-wide.

I recently took a look at the EU vs. US Collector's Edition of Pool Of Radiance 2 : Ruins Of Myth Drannor, and the rage nearly consumed me again. :roll:

There is no limited edition for Europe. You'll have to buy it from impulse store and pay customs...

To be fair they are not just relying on the stuff in the limited edition. There will be no DRM per se in the game, but updates will only be available through a registered copy on Impulse.

I'm so looking forward to this game, but not sure if I should buy it when it comes out. Looks to me like the type of game that will lower the price $20 or so a month after release

And yet the pirates will still make this available almost immediately. What will their excuse be this time?

Like they need an excuse. They do it because they can without getting caught, simple as that.

Like they need an excuse. They do it because they can without getting caught, simple as that.

Exactly. Yet they will claim for most games/movies/whatever that they do it because the publishers are evil or it costs too much or it is a noble cause for freedom, justice, and the pirate way! or ...

meh, look at them as arseholes and not lost sales...

The REALLY bad thing is, that when pirates get mature nd adult and a REAL job, THEN they might see THEIR OWN company they work (with)in to be threatened by the same kind of ... mood like pirates lways have ... stealing content they worked MONTHS for creating ... and onl THEN, when it is TOO LATE, then they realize what they have DONE in their youth or whatever ...

But then, it's just much too late, because a new generation of pirates has already grown up ...

It's like with drugs : You'll need someone who has been within "the system" and has seen BOTH sides ...

Like some kind of social worker ... Explaining how drugs have ruined his health already ...

Or with AIDS, a similar thing. People just won't believe the harm they do until they experience it on a PERSONAL level ...

Back
Top Bottom