Fable 2 - AI Innovation @ AiGameDev.com

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A site called AiGameDev has an article on the AI (surprise!) in Molyneux's Fable 2:
The dog’s AI is built around the principles of the creature in Black & White, which apparently holds Guinness World Record for the most intelligent being in a game. This technology, however, seems much more appropriate for this dog than for those large creatures.
More information.

Molyneux also mentioned the fact that the player cannot die and replay a scene of the game over and over. This helps remedy problems of the players becoming desensitized to the emotions of seeing the dog get hurt, for example. Lionhead uses heavy scripting as a solution to these situations, and apparently it was quite a hard problem to tackle. (The dog is also part of the equation.)
How do y'all interpret this paragraph? I understand the concept of preventing desensitization, but I'm curious if y'all get more of a feeling about what adjustments to the game are being made than I did from the article. For a game that should be focused on AI, the phrase "heavy scripting" is generally something I don't like to hear.

Back
Top Bottom