Eschalon: Book III - Now Available

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Basilisk Games sent news that Eschalon: Book III is now available.

Eschalon: Book III Launching - Fantasy Survival RPG

February 13, 2014 - This is classic roleplaying – no cutscene melodrama, casual gameplay, or social shenanigans. Basilisk Games invites you to share its unabashed love for old-school RPGs with the February 14 release of Eschalon: Book III (Windows, Mac, Linux).

Available for purchase at:

http://basiliskgames.com/purchase
http://store.steampowered.com/app/257870/

Eschalon: Book III is not the RPG for armchair dragon slayers or lazy achievement hunters. Drawn from pen-and-paper traditions, the Eschalon series revels in the mysteries of dangerous landscapes and the triumphs of hard-won battles. It rewards the tactical and ingenious, and leaves the careless to suffer the consequences.

A fusion of turn-based fantasy and survival gameplay, players will contend with hunger, sleep, equipment degradation, and even skills altered by weather. With multiple game-paths and solutions to obstacles, Eschalon: Book III emphasizes meaningful character development and true roleplaying.

Although no prior knowledge is necessary, Eschalon: Book III brings the trilogy to a close as you seek to uncover your past, the secrets of the Crux stones, and the true identity of the Orakur.

Features:

• Classic style, turn-based RPG inspired by pen-and-paper gaming.
• Unrestricted character development with impactful choices.
• Open world with no level-scaling and more secrets than you will ever find.
• Disease, hunger, weapon breakage – actions have serious consequences.
• Hundreds of new items, spells, and game engine updates.
• Developer tools for creating maps and advent
The press release fails to mention the game is also available on GOG.com.

More information.

no brainer 18$
done.
will update my first impressions of the game

Just a quick question. I know the series isn't party-based, but do anyone know if you sometimes fight along other characters in Book III, or the other games in the series? I like that if the AI is at least decent.

Nooo! Already? Have to finish MMX, then play the Banner Saga, and then Blackguards. And by then this might have to compete with other soon to be released games, like the Berlin campaign for SR:R. I can't remember ever having this problem before. Fantastic.

Nooo! Already? Have to finish MMX, then play the Banner Saga, and then Blackguards. And by then this might have to compete with other soon to be released games, like the Berlin campaign for SR:R. I can't remember ever having this problem before. Fantastic.

nooob :)

It was like this in the 90s when Wizardry, Ultima, Gold Box and Might and Magic were running concurrently. Not to mention the X-coms. While the RPGs of last year were not spectacular at least there were a lot of em. I probably missed about half of em and now we have a slew of them coming out.

After sitting on my GOG shelf for about a year, I finally started and just finished Eschalon 2 a few months back. I had a blast with it. I accidently turned on the thirst and hunger options and it made the first third of the game really really hard. But I finally got the hang of the game mechanics and by the mid game it was just a minor annoyance. So right now I'm trying to decide if I should turn it on for book 3.

In any event, while I probably will buy the game today, I'm not likely to play it for a few months. My back log is huuuuuuuuuuge.

I purchased this morning around 9 AM Eastern time and they said they were getting slammed. Not surprised they're totally down now.

I've played 15 hours of a preview build and I think you'll really enjoy the game, but it can be tough. While there is no party, if you draw enemies close to others, they will join the combat. I think you lose XP for that though.

oh noes. now I'll have to finish Book II

did The Watch make the credits in this one?

This is a no-brainer buy for me. But I will have to finish Book 2 first (almost to the end anyway) and will wait on any coming patches, like I do for all games I buy. I'm thinking this will be a fun game to play in the Summer time.

Since the site is still down, I was wondering if anyone knows if they're offering Book III on CD in a DVD style case. I bought the physical versions of the first two books and it would be nice to have all three of them side by side on my shelf.

First impressions,
Playing warrior. After finishing book 2 I know on what to concentrate so its going smoothly with the usual eschalon difficulty.
The game is on higher resolution, which is much more delicate to the eyes and there's more viewing area. It has the same characteristic of fun leveling and great atmosphere.
There are also some changes in items that needs skill. Now better items need more skill.
For example gauntlets of fire resistance require heavy armour 3.

There is still that cool air of mystery in the gameplay, so far it's pretty addicting.
Wish I had a free week to play it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom