Two Worlds II - Tiny PC Delay?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
We already know console versions of Two Worlds II are shipping in NA but, according to Destructoid, the PC version won't be around until later in the week:
The PC version of Two Worlds II will receive a three-day delay, according to Southpeak. The postponement was first noticed by Destructoid reader Aaron, who had been informed by Amazon that the game would run late. We checked in with the publisher, who confirmed the delay.
The console versions are unaffected and will be available on January 25. Those wanting to play the game on their computers will have to wait until January 28.
More information.

I received a FedEx notification from TopWare (Amazon Marketplace) today for my TWII Royal Edition (PC). The estimated time of delivery says 01/25/2011. The FedEx shipper says that the order has been "initiated," which is what happens before the item actually gets into the system.

I hope it arrives tomorrow!

—-Jason

Hey, Bill, :)

Here's the specific item I purchased:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004H83P3A/ref=oss_product

(I found the proliferation of different versions and sellers to be confusing. This is the only "Royal Edition" for PC that I could find.)

The page itself has very little schedule information, but the blurb does indicate it's due on the 25th. Still, I have a hard time believing that they're sending it OVERNIGHT to get it to me tomorrow. Also, FedEx tracking indicates it still hasn't left the "initiated" state, so you're most likely correct - I doubt it will get to me tomorrow.

Ah, well, I'll survive!

—-Jason

You guys still haven't got this? It's pathetic that they can't manage to get this out sooner. They've already translated the manual to Chinese and released it over here.

You know, I'm just getting a little pissed about all this delay stuff. This game better be great or I'll only be looking at future sequels when they get to the bargain bin. There was no real need to postpone the N.A. release version but I went with it due to the glut (Acaniana & Fallout Vegas) at the time. I guess they must be flushed with cash in order for them to not care about the N.A. release. With this delay, for me, they have stepped over the line. Yea, I know this is not life or death but a gamer can get slapped around only so much, until, they decide to spend their hard earned cash else where.

Last edited:
You know, I'm just getting a little pissed about all this delay stuff. This game better be great or I'll only be looking at future sequels when they get to the bargain bin. There was no real need to postpone the N.A. release version but I went with it due to the glut (Acaniana & Fallout Vegas) at the time. I guess they must be flushed with cash in order for them to not care about the N.A. release. With this delay, for me, they have stepped over the line. Yea, I know this is not life or death but a gamer can get slapped around only so much, until, they decide to spend their hard earned cash else were.

You should of imported or bought it online. There really is no need to wait three months after it came out. Nothing new is added to the NA only a few small patches. The game is average at best it is not the greatest rpg around buts its an improvement of the original. Just be warned it is basically a fetch quest or kill this person or monster mission type of game. It gets boring and repetitive.

if you are a PC gamer you are just going to be dissapointed anyways. unless you are a lot more patient with console ports than I am.

Its been available for direct purchase from the dev in NA for awhile now, though at an exhorbant cost. not worth it. the consolized UI. gave me a headache. literaly.

I mean would be nice to have some mapable keys for frequently used features like character, map, inventory (c, m, i) instead of having to navigate through the f2 menu constantly. and I dont feel like describing the horribly consolized save game system other than to say that at least its not check points.

Well, now color me confused. The exact Amazon page for the particular edition I purchased is:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004H83P3A/ref=oss_product

Now, originally it promised a 01/25 delivery. However, now it says:

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Also, the FedEx shipping notification that I got *still* shows the package shipment as "initiated," meaning they requested the shipping label but that my game hasn't actually been handed to FedEx for shipping. That was two days ago. I don't understand what's going on.

Now I see the newsbit about a NA Royal Edition (I'm a sucker for bling, sorry) being available after Feb. 2nd. This has all left me wondering what exactly it is that I bought and when I should expect it to arrive.

Oh, well, it's not like a few more days will kill me. Still, Amazon is usually *really* *good* about this kind of stuff.

---Jason

Exactly what did I buy, and am I

My local Gamestop says Feb 10th. Southpeak better be putting all kind of gaming goodness in this extra-late-release-for-no-good-reason. It's funny but the original 2 Worlds game's biggest fans were some of the PC players. So this is how they treat us? Southpeak's decision making abilites are just unfathomable.

ummmm, snif snif
Amazon has the release date for Feb 28. The only thing I can come up with for this extended delay is that it will be a special release for PC gamers. I don't know. That's a month away and I still haven't loaded Alpha Protocol nor Div Div 2. Might be time to move on. It will certainly be the last time I pre pay. For now, let me brush my teeth and rinse my mouth. yucky yucky.

Now I see the newsbit about a NA Royal Edition (I'm a sucker for bling, sorry) being available after Feb. 2nd. This has all left me wondering what exactly it is that I bought and when I should expect it to arrive.

Oh, well, it's not like a few more days will kill me. Still, Amazon is usually *really* *good* about this kind of stuff.

—-Jason

Exactly what did I buy, and am I

You bought a Royal Edition, which is being released by TopWare, later than the others. The other editions are released by Southpeak. I guess you'll have to wait, or go buy a regular Southpeak version.

Back
Top Bottom